Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Where to get OEM decals for 2017 R6?

4K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  ArcticBuddy 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

Does anyone know where I can get the decals of Intensity White/Matte Silver? I need the complete set.
Tire Wheel Motorcycle Vehicle Automotive lighting

I already checked with Partzilla and Revzilla but they don't have stock and if they order they can't provide an ETA because it would on national backorder. I also email Yamaha Sports Plaza but they haven't responded yet. Hoping someone here can help since I need them asap.

Thanks in advance!

See less See more
#4 ·
Did you perform a general search or just look at Fooqs stock?
(tweak the above search phrase as needed)

As far as why OEM matched are far and few inbetween, they're likely afraid of trade-mark infringement so they develop their own unique designs. Some places do claim to create custom fairing sets, based upon photos you send them. For one example, Motorcycle Custom Fairings and Bodywork - XcelMoto . Whether the clearcoat and paint are quality, whether the fairings will have an imperfect fit or melt from engine heat, is another matter. There's a lot to screw-up.

#5 ·
Yup tried different phrases but to no avail. The other vendors I emailed haven't replied yet so there's still hope. My fairings are still good so it seems like such a waste to get a new set even if it's aftermarket.

You're probably right about the trademark thing. Though if Yamaha doesn't want to keep producing the decals they could at least give dealers/vendors the right to produce them so people can still buy them. Anyway, that's another topic all-together. Thanks for the Intuit!

#7 ·
Thanks for sharing this info. Sadly partzilla has no idea when stocks will be available for the decals so I need another source. I'm consider just having a graphics artist copy the design and have it printed by someone. As of now that's the only viable option I got 😞

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.