Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get the side decals(white stripes on the mids' sides).

I contacted my local Yamaha dealer and they charge $24.00 for the left side and $70+ for the right?? WTF?
Any input as to why this is the case?

The stocker decals

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
ya, the ones on the right side have to be more aerodynamic than the ones on the left because of the exhaust pipe on the right side.

·
Registered
995 Posts
yo mikee, leave the stripes off. bikes look better without decals. I get my bike back from its spray job on sat'.then i'll post some pic's.then u'll know wot i mean

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BRAVO said:
yo mikee, leave the stripes off. bikes look better without decals. I get my bike back from its spray job on sat'.then i'll post some pic's.then u'll know wot i mean
Thanks for the reply Bravo , well a more helpful one :cheers
Damn Pen's takin' his PEYOTE once more :hammer :cheers and dude's not sharing!!! :cuss

Yeah I thought of not putting on the decal stripes, but this weekend, I installed my flushmounts & I ended up stripping/taking off the stock decals from the mids (off a Silver R6)..and now my bike looks a little too bare/naked (not that it is a bad thing at all) :mrgreen:. I mean I haven't seen the Euro Blue R6 in person and only in pictures....I kinda like the look of the black mids with the white decal stripes. And also take note...I already swapped my tail fairing into a black one (got a cheap brand new one off Ebay taken from the 04 Red/Black). And I think it looks good, but I have to take a picture to really get the overall feel. I'll post the new look when I get the chance. I also want to match that decal on the tank...since it is clearcoated in there. And unless I repaint it all together..which I might do later...

And please do post your pics as well since I am curious on how yours truned out! :cheers

·
heebiedabajeebies!
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
penfold said:
ya, the ones on the right side have to be more aerodynamic than the ones on the left because of the exhaust pipe on the right side.
Good one Pen! Better share what you shmokin' man! :cheers
Don't leave us all in the dark!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts