Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
My R6 eats my wallet =(
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys i recently purchased a set of racetrack fairings for my 07 R6r, this will be the first i get ready to hit the tracks! But first thing first, I need to purchase some fasteners for the fairings?

Question? Will i be able to use my current fairing bolts for the race track fairings or is it better to buy a set for the racetrack fairings or do they use different types of bolts?? Sorry for the noob questions

I purchase a set of Hotbodies track fairings with a Armour bodies tail fairing? And the seller did not include any hardware for it. So now i need to purchase the hardware so i can get the bike ready for track day in Road Atlanta next month..any help would be awesome!

·
Reads the rulez
2,252 Posts
Buy rivet style dzuz clips. The clip on kind are easier to install initially, but a pain in the ass to work with in the long run. Have used both...greatly prefer the rivet style.

·
Premium Member
30,463 Posts
Thanks guys! Will be ordering soon from Agg! Only 10? Lol it seems like i need more then that hahaha
I personally run 12 - 6 up front and 6 on the tail. But 4 on the tail is plenty.

And rivet on style gets ripped off destroying bodywork during wrecks. I see it all the time. They're slightly more secure - but with the added installation effort AND added risk of body damage, I choose clip-on.

·
My R6 eats my wallet =(
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I personally run 12 - 6 up front and 6 on the tail. But 4 on the tail is plenty.

And rivet on style gets ripped off destroying bodywork during wrecks. I see it all the time. They're slightly more secure - but with the added installation effort AND added risk of body damage, I choose clip-on.

So the link you sent me is the CLIP ON ones?

·
Registered
384 Posts
Buy rivet style dzuz clips. The clip on kind are easier to install initially, but a pain in the ass to work with in the long run. Have used both...greatly prefer the rivet style.
This, I just put the rivet style on and they are definitely better than the clip-on kind.

The reason people buy things from kurveygirl is because a portion of every proceed goes to the air fence fundraiser. That is a very good thing.

·
My R6 eats my wallet =(
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
1 - 14 of 14 Posts