Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Sporks are Dangerous!
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm out in California visiting a friend for the weekend and I would like to go try on some helmets and possibly buy one while I'm out here. I was looking to check out AGV in particular since no-one in my area carries that brand. I am in the North Hills area just north of LA by the Burbank airport.

thanks,

John

·
YZF-er!
1,727 Posts
Hm. The best places to pickup a helmet out here are usually via ordering either through a private seller or a small mom/pop shop. Major outlets like cycle gear and such will pretty much rob you blind; whether it be for a lid or anything else.

Try calling "Cycle Depot" in Eagle Rock (about 15-20 mins from burbank). Last I checked they were hooking it up for lids at a fairly decent price, although it's been quite sometime since I was last out there (not for any reason in specific). When I picked up my Arai Corsair a while back, they gave the best price around.. Cycle Gear pretty much wanted double for what I got it for. :fact

If that doesn't work out, try and see if 'Leo' from "ATV Repo Depot" in burbank (on Victory blvd) can help you out: (818) 355 - 9499

Just let him know some local guys with Yamaha R6's referred you. He usually likes to give fairly good deals to new customers.

·
Track Aficionado
1,182 Posts
Tons of places to get a brain bucket in SoCal.

There's Cycle Gear, Wheels in Motion and Afterburner MX in Canoga Park, Bombay Motorsports in Reseda, AIP Racing in Van Nuys, the Yamaha dealer in North Hollywood, and a few others I can't think of right now.

In Santa Monica, there's West Coast GP Cycles, which is a racer shop, owned and operated by racers.

·
Sporks are Dangerous!
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, i know it's cheaper to buy online sometimes but since I never tried a agv I wanted to try it on before I bought one online. I was told to check out the north Hollywood yamaha by another friend. So if I can get them to take me there and maybe the place on victory since they are both close to where he lives.

·
Sporks are Dangerous!
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went to weSt coast in Santa monicaand while it was a cool shop with a pretty nice guy. They didn't have any helmets there in stock. I will try north Hollywood next based on his recommendation.

·
Sporks are Dangerous!
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will buy one while I'm out here if I find what I want. In all fairness to west coast gp he did say he would fit me and order whatever I wanted but I didnt have that much time yesterday. Anyways on my way to north Hollywood yamaha now.

·
Track Aficionado
1,182 Posts
There's another small dealership in Burbank, on Hollywood Way, a few blocks North of Magnolia.

At the NoHo dealership, they have lids, but I don't think there's much on the shelf.

·
Sporks are Dangerous!
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I struck out again. They didn't have any nor did they carry them so he called a shop in Hollywood that said they had some in stock. Well they do carry and stock agv but only the half face lids. I guess I'll hit up cycle gear in Florida when I get back. It's funny because I didn't want to go there because it's to far but I figure I've traveled two times the distance out heretrying to track a gp tech down.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Well I struck out again. They didn't have any nor did they carry them so he called a shop in Hollywood that said they had some in stock. Well they do carry and stock agv but only the half face lids. I guess I'll hit up cycle gear in Florida when I get back. It's funny because I didn't want to go there because it's to far but I figure I've traveled two times the distance out heretrying to track a gp tech down.
Find out your size and order it on ebay, I work at cyclegear tried on on figured out ok a small it is went on ebay found it for 475 shipped cyclegear has it for 543

·
Track Aficionado
1,182 Posts
Hollywood is only 15 minutes South of NoHo, so it might be worth the trip if you need to try the lid on.

If not, check the Aprilia / Ducati dealership in Glendale. Glendale is the next city East of Burbank.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.