Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so there are 2 bikes I have been looking at which one would u guys buy and which one is the better deal?
First of all I am located in upstate ny.

Bike A:
2006 BLUE R6 with 4,000 miles on it. In excellent shape located in boston Mass approximetly 373 miles from my house according to gps.
extras include: graves exhaust, arai helmet, and an hjc helmet.
Price is $6500 may be willing to drop a little bit.

Bike B:
2006 BLUE R6 with 1,756 miles on it in excellent shape. located in PA approximetly 378 miles from house.
extras include: Puig Tinted windscreen, Frame and Swing Arm Sliders, Aftermarket Turn Signals and Tail Light, Yamaha Billet Reservior Cover, YZFR6 Grips and Tank Protector.
Price is $6500 firm.

Thanks Alot for the help guys.

P.S. let me know if u guys know of any good deals on this yr and model floating around right now I am looking for eathier a blue, or raven.

·
Drag Racer
186 Posts
go for B...

·
Not DoD Blocked
2,339 Posts
i would say the first one, only because exhaust and arai are expensive. the extra 2000 miles is no big deal. plus try and get him to drop it more

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
are these even that good of deals or not really being in the off season and everything?

·
NOT DoD Blocked
5,605 Posts
I agree with zanatos. Do you have anymore info on the graves?

But to me A sounds better.

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
ya but a has double the miles and if they rode it like i ride those are alot of hard miles thats why i change my oil every 1000 miles to keep it running good thats what you need to find out how often they changed the oil so i stil say bike b

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
bikes are alot of up keep and if they didn't do it then 4000 is alot i hear alot of people talking about how many miles they go before mantance

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
nope no info on the graves yet waiting for an email I got seller B to drop the price to $6300 and thats the best they will do.

·
i rule my r6
71 Posts
thats not bad the insurence company told me my 06 raven was worth 7800 with 7500 miles on it so your getting a good deal on both of the bikes

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
i would go with B - less mileage.... extras are ok
but try giving the A guy 55-5800$ and let him keep the helmets - would be a better deal

how are u planing to take the bike home though? this hussle will cost you extra.... is there any local deals available? r u far from NYC

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i already offered him 5700 and he thought i was joking lol. I would pick it up its only about 6.5 hrs to both places from me. And im about 7.5 from nyc.

·
I m starting to eat my R6
790 Posts
i was just thinking that for u to go for 12-14 hrs round trip will be a hussle... another problem (possible) is that once u get there u'll find the bike is a little different from what u were told.... for example when i was shopping for my bike i would go to take a look at the bike and it's scartched pretty bad (def a fall) but the owner would claim he was carying a bag of groceries through garage and accidently touched the bike by the bag.... yeah that kind of stories :) or there is a lean on the bike, or the owner of the bike is in Iraq and his brother/sister sells it.... another scam was that a guy has too many tickets/underaged/whatever so he registers and insures the bike in his mother/aunt/sister/gf name hence the bike "was owned" by a girl... ridden hard by a guy in reality...... also, most riding girls i know ride either a cruiser or a sport touring kind of bike not a super sport.... the few who ride the sports, ride real hard or at least have enough experience to know how to ride the r6....
if u decide to go, make sure the seller understands u r not kidding and that u got a long way to drive....
still think about waiting until the sell season begins about feb/march - perhaps u'll find a better/"neighborhood" deal...... dont rush b/c as i understand it, the only thing u can ride in your area in the winter is a snowmobile
just my 15 cents :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts