Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Other (please clarify)

Votes: 7 26.9%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though I just recently purchased my R6, I am already starting to think what my nex tone should be. I figure that I am planning for a year or two ahead. I know, I know, that a lot of things will change by then, but for the time being, I think I wil be looking at a used (2008) R1 or used (2008) Busa. Used, because this is in the future :D

I really like riding sport bikes like R6 and R1, but I also commute a lot and love going on long rides. Right now I put on 1,000-2,000 miles/month. So, the R1 would be awesome on performance and will be great overall. But the Busa will be VERY comfortable and wil offer a lot of power and performance too.

What do you all think?

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
If you arent blind you will hate the Busa.
Fixed...

If you're wanting comfort then go with a cruiser. In my opinion our bikes are not meant for the strait long hwy's...If you're set on the sport bike and can handle the power of this type of bike go with the R1. And if you want a bigger bike go with the Kawi 14.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Busa's are over rated. Yamaha all the way...

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed...

If you're wanting comfort then go with a cruiser. In my opinion our bikes are not meant for the strait long hwy's...If you're set on the sport bike and can handle the power of this type of bike go with the R1. And if you want a bigger bike go with the Kawi 14.
But Kawi 14 looks ugly as hell, while the '08 Busa is pretty nice

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
dude^^^^^ nice avatar....:hehe
i got an r1 and a r6....get a ducati next..

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
i'd just ride woever that is in your avatar filip

imho i'd stick with the 6 if you do alot of commuting
then again my commute is 2.6 miles and it takes me 17 minutes to get there with 8 stop lights in between

edit: second time somebody said the exact thing i said

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have you considered a GSX-R 1000? I've just got myself a K8 and it's pretty sweet....

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
The kawi can at least turn...

The busa cant turn for anything and i agree the kawi is ugly, but the busa is even worse.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
yeah...i've never liked the Busa look. Looks too much like a Can-o-tuna (Katana). I'll stick with my R6 for another year or 2 then upgrade to an R1 (or who knows maybe another R6)

·
My R6 has returned!!
1,930 Posts
i personaly think the busa is a pussy bike you cant turn on it and its ugly as hell
:stupic

I think Busa are for paper stats and saying I've got a 1300 when people ask the engine size. Other than that - it's useless especially for commuting, IMO. Check out how much that beast weighs wet. I wouldn't be lane splitting with that. Busas can turn, but you seriously have to push it, plead and convince it that it should, not like an R6 or R1 where thought = action.

·
Slammed and Stretched!!!
772 Posts
I actually like the busa. It is very comfortable, easy to drive on long trips, and power is adjustable for better fuel economy or better performance.

·
"The Bolt"
915 Posts
going with a 1098 ... If I has some serious money it would be the 1098 R

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts