Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was debating between waiting until next year and maybe getting an 08 Liquid Silver R6, or getting an 04-05 R6 late this year. I'd have to finance the 08, and i really don't want more bills. With an 04-05, i could just save up and pay cash, so no payments on it, and if i wanted an 09 i could just trade it in towards it.

After my wreck last week, i'm not looking to be hauling ass all over the place. I just want a fun bike that will scoot when i want it too, but more importantly, i want to be able to do lower speed wheelies without drastic gearing changes.

i think i'm leaning towards an 04/05, but what do you guys think i should do?

P.S. which years of the R6's are fuel injected?? i don't want to deal with a carb if i don't have to

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
2003 and up are fuel injected.

i personaly want an 08, but the only thing stopping me is the payment. mine is paid off. i love my bike, but every time i see one of those newer models i start thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the one i really love is the silver 08, just don't want another bike payment. my 50th is getting paid off through the insurance and i need to get my finances in order before i spend more than 5 or 6k. i doubt my credit is even good enough to get one anyway, but i may end up going with an 05 from what you're saying.

what should i expect to spend on one with relatively low mileage?

·
Its Only a 600?
319 Posts
Thats a tough choice, me personally i would go with the 04-05. You can probably get one for cheap, and they'll def do the job. Like you said, if it gets old, you can always trade in for an 08-09. Good luck with the shopping.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
also, i haven't really taken a good look at an 05 ever, but they don't look bad from the pics. i'll have to find one and check it out to make sure i'll be cool with it, but it's an R6 ya know. they're only going to keep getting more and more badass each time they rework the design

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
but it's an R6 ya know. they're only going to keep getting more and more badass each time they rework the design
+1 they get better and better!!!!
i got the 05 i love it.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ that's what i was thinking. i toyed with the idea of a CBR600RR, i've ridden one and i liked it but i would not only rather have an R6, but fuel injection too. don't want to have to worry about cleaning the carbs every so often

·
Registered
62 Posts
i got an '06 after wrecking my '07... i'm going to pay this off by next season and either trade it for an '09 or just finance the '09 completely and keep the miles down on it by riding the '06 when i'm just aimlessly buzzing around.

·
Premium Member
8,144 Posts
2003 and up are fuel injected.

i personaly want an 08, but the only thing stopping me is the payment. mine is paid off. i love my bike, but every time i see one of those newer models i start thinking about it.
I do the same thing haha...I might be takin that plunge next year!

A paid off bike is the best kind of bike.
agreed...The bike is a toy so why finance it and pay on it! Id go ahead and get the 03-05 and if you really really wanted the newer model next year you can just trade in for one!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i got an '06 after wrecking my '07... i'm going to pay this off by next season and either trade it for an '09 or just finance the '09 completely and keep the miles down on it by riding the '06 when i'm just aimlessly buzzing around.
i'm one of the idiots that took a 50th anniversary R6 out of circulation :nono

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
...i toyed with the idea of a CBR600RR, i've ridden one and i liked it but i would not only rather have an R6, but fuel injection too. don't want to have to worry about cleaning the carbs every so often
All CBR600RRs are fuel injected.

Cleaning carbs isn't really a problem unless you keep the bikes parked for months at a time. And carbs are much smoother than any fuel injection setup.

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Yeah. CBRs have been fuel injected since the F4i came out in about 2001 or 2002.

·
I eat YOUR MOM
2,111 Posts
I do the same thing haha...I might be takin that plunge next year!
yeah i wouldn't do it this year either, i would want to wait for the 2009, its only about six months away. and you could probably get a better deal in the winter when bike sales are down, and then you have time to get it ready for the nice weather (if you have money left over to hook it up). the hardest part is dumping so much time and money into your current bike and then having to start all over $$$, then again thats also the fun part.

agreed...The bike is a toy so why finance it and pay on it! Id go ahead and get the 03-05 and if you really really wanted the newer model next year you can just trade in for one!
"+1" at least thats what logic says! (my impulse says "just get get it.")

decisions decisions ....... :screwy

·
UnZUnDUnR
1,004 Posts
Along with the larger brakes for the 05.Also are the inverted forks,Larger TBs(from 38 to 40mm).Radially mounted calipers & i believe a radial master cynlinder too!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts