Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
In Florida
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i believe that my clutch is burnt up and is going out. When im in a higher gear, say 4th gear, i'll roll into the throttle and when i hit about 10,000 RPM's it will go to redline.

I was wondering if i should just buy OEM clutch discs and go with stiffer springs? the bike only has 2600 miles on it. Been doing alot of racing, comming off the line at high RPM while slipping the clutch. Where can i find the springs and a good clutch kit at?

Thanks

·
2B R <> 2B
3,701 Posts
Dam - You have been doing allot of racing - Just jacked up my cluth when I hit 10,000 rpms also - Was going to put aftermarket on but after talking to people they say they all last the same amount of time - You need to replace your Friction plate and the other plate -- Man after my own heart - I was pissed - Nobody on this site has knowledge of burning out a clutch.... My part cost - $100 friction and the other is metal is thirty - Partys unlimited - Dude is going to install for $140 -- Parts and labor cost the same I guess - Take it easy or u will be replacing something else - Forgot the name

·
OMRRA #79
1,381 Posts
What do you think of the KG Factory Clutch Kit and stiffer springs, any noticable diffrence? I have an 06 and am thinking about doing the clutch myself. Got any tip tricks or hits that can make it a little easier on a firstimer at instaling a clutch?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.