Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ‘12 and installed a M4GP with Y pipe and headers but the exhaust itself is little bit too loud. So here is the snag, I bought stage 3 db insert but it seems like it might be too big and the clip ring doesn’t seem to set to hold the insert. Do I need the stage 1, or are there alternative brands I could possibly use?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Unfortunately i dont know how much quieter your gonna make it because m4’s are nice but traditionally loud thats why i went with scorpion because they are quiter without being overly restrictive

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,511 Posts
Even the stock can on my full akfro system is pretty dang loud... I drilled out the rivets on mine and packed titanium honeycomb from a fighter jet floor (literally scrap yard find) in an attempt to quiet her down. It changed the growl but after a few hundred miles all the titanium burned up! Can only imagine the annoyance of those really loud ones.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Even the stock can on my full akfro system is pretty dang loud...
look into scorpion man I really like them. I got full system and took akra can off put on the scorpion and enjoy it. Does a good job at toning things down but nit overly restrictive. Not sure how they balance it but they do.

bike is in shop currently but i will try to get a decent sound clip after if i can

1 - 4 of 4 Posts