·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a 2005 R6 black raven....

Below

Which kit would you buy?

Competition Werkes 89.99:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Competition-Werks-Fender-Eliminator-Yamaha-R6-2003-2005-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem43a2f4b2bbQQitemZ290496754363QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Ebay Kit #1 (Mounts Between rear foot pegs) 79.99:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YZF-R6-R-2003-2004-2005-03-04-05-Fender-Eliminator-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3ca9c8d8e4QQitemZ260546549988QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Ebay Kit #2 (Mounts in stock position VERY NICE looking leds) 99.99:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-R6S-FENDER-ELIMINATOR-2006-2009-w-LEDs-03-05-R6-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4154440a34QQitemZ280586619444QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories
Ebay kit #3 (mounts in stock position cheaper leds) 39.99
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-YZF-R6-03-05-R6S-06-10-STD-FENDER-ELIMINATOR-NTS-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3cabb6ec5aQQitemZ260578929754QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Or none of the above and some other brand to go with?

·
Hanging in there.
197 Posts
I personally believe you get what you pay for, so if money was not a concern I would get Ebay Kit#2 because I like the look of those LEDs. But budget is everything. I dunno how the law goes where you're from but if a cop couldnt see my license plate like they wouldn't if it was between my rear footpegs and he stopped behind me at a light, I would be getting pulled over, so thats something to think about. But its your money bud.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I personally believe you get what you pay for, so if money was not a concern I would get Ebay Kit#2 because I like the look of those LEDs. But budget is everything. I dunno how the law goes where you're from but if a cop couldnt see my license plate like they wouldn't if it was between my rear footpegs and he stopped behind me at a light, I would be getting pulled over, so thats something to think about. But its your money bud.
Money is not of a particular problem just trying to get the most bang for my buck.

Also, not too worried about getting pulled over (won't get into details...)

I like Ebay Kit #2 also... Just not sure if I like the plastic cover that goes over the plate... not sure if its part of the light or it can be run without it.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
i made mine for cheap, and its still doing great 4 years later.. but i would go with #2 if you wanted a nice one

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
Whats your main reason for getting a FE? To clean up the fender only? Or to add a little detail to it too.

I would use the money and invest it somewhere else if I were you. Not sure if the R6S models have the clips on the bottom of the tail but that's where some members put theirs. I believe they bend the top of the plate.

Then get integrated turn signals for your rear.

If you're not into that idea then here's my opinion on them.
1. Competition Werks is a pretty standard FE kit, doesn't really "stand out" though. I don't like the turn signals, I'm more of a flush kind of guy. So like I stated before just get something to mount the plate and plate light (probably those bolt lights) and integrated tail light.

2. This one does look good, it's different then some of the others I've seen out there.

3. This one is a standard plate to me. If you look up some of the Audi LED lights mod a lot of members are doing then I'm sure you can get the LEDs for cheaper.

4. This is a no for me, I believe the turn signals are LED but looks like only 3-4 LEDs in it. I would stay away from that due to first hand experience. Friend had something like that and I couldn't see when he was signaling during the daytime and so he asked me what he could do. Like I mentioned a lot integrated tail light, that + I spliced the turn signal wires to them too so the tail light and turn signals would blink.

If you're looking for good integrated tail light go custom LED or motodynamics.

·
My Bonneville eats me.
1,030 Posts
honestly, none of the above. i would go with an integrated tailight. but with your options i would pick the first.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Like said earlier, to REALLY clean up your fender just get the smoke or clear integrated tail light. You can get a nice one on ebay for around $90 for many different bike models. Some of the integrated tail lights have trail turn signals (not just a blink, but the LED follows itself to the edge of the light and then restarts) looks REALLY good when installed correctly.

My $0.02

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
hotbodies w/ motodynamics taillight. I have an 2003. You can see the taillights and my fender eliminator

·
^^^ Ginger here...
386 Posts
I say make your own. That's what a lot of people do and looks BA for $2.78 + lights. :flex: Then spend the extra money on a smoked windscreen.

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts
I'm using the C.W, I have no issue with it anything is better then stock. also I don't mind the turn signals their bright as **** Vs Stock signals So there is no way a cager will miss your turn signal. It also has your plate in a visible area which is a good thing in my area were cops do nothing but pull people over & Show up to crime scenes long after the shooting is over.:thumbdown

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lawl, thought money wasn't an issue. It's your bike so you do whatever you want with it. :toocool:
It isn't, I meant no need to get a bracket that includes the turns and such if I get an integrated tail light. Might as well get a plain bracket just to hold the plate....

·
Registered
790 Posts
Im having a couple of my own designs fabricated at a shop. Drew up some plans on acad 07 and sent em to my dad who has all the equipment at work...Ill post pics when they are done.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like Househouse md dvd 1-6 - just incredible. I can not remove the show as a show. Detailed, deep characters, complex plots, fun puzzles -. But the DVDgrey's anatomy dvd? That they thought the season 4, I knew - writers strike, everything a bit off. But they have FUN extras - the Valley Girl thing was worth buying the DVD itself. Now - that extra boring. Come on guys! Give us somesmallville dvdfun! No more than administration and writers talk and congratulate a show well done (and is) - give us something fun!Therefore, it is always fun to remember thisone tree hill dvd fact when in doubt and, of course, uses her British accent. Qualitywalt disney dvd
sound and video are perfect.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts