Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting for my tags to come in, I have been browsing the forums to find the different fender eliminator kits offered for the R6. I was curious which one everyone has and what reviews if any people have of the one they purchased. Right now I am leaning towards the VFX Pivot kit rather than the C. Werkes kit.

I tried to run a search for a decent thread about eliminators but didn't have much luck... so be gentle. :cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
the pivot kit is real nice, but pricey. if you're fine with that, then thats what i would get. but otherwise you could just make one on your own and save some money.

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
If you decide to get your taillight integrated..........FYI, MD Wright gives you a high quality eliminator with their work.

I would have put mine on, but I won a pivot kit from the forum giveaway :mrgreen:

Or you can make your own as well. Really quite simple.

·
looking for more curves
1,883 Posts
IMO the Pivot kit is way over priced for a fender eliminator. The only reason that you would get one is so you can flip your plate from prying eyes....

I got one from R&R cycles off eBay with signals and shipping for $54, not too bad since they (R&R) sell them for $75 on their site. You can get just the bracket for about half (if my memory serves me right).

If I had to do it again I would build one myself. You have a template for the mounting bolts right on your bike. The stock fender has a removeable bracket that holds the whole thing on (by the 4 bolts). You could easily take that out, and make your own kit.

I acutally used this braket to hold mine on, instead of the 2 bolts that the R&R kit came with. Once I put that on everything firmed up.

·
FL45HM3
955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies so far guys. After reading a little more about the R&R kit off of Ebay, its beginning to look a lot more appealing.... especially at that price. Can anyone who has this kit vouch for the brightness of the LP III short mounts used? Does anyone have pics of their homemade eliminators? I'd like to see how well they came out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
RedRocket said:
Thanks for the replies so far guys. After reading a little more about the R&R kit off of Ebay, its beginning to look a lot more appealing.... especially at that price. Can anyone who has this kit vouch for the brightness of the LP III short mounts used (brightness etc)? Does anyone have pics of their homemade eliminators? I'd like to see how well they came out.
Ditto...

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've made tons of eliminators for all sorts of bikes, but mostly Ducati's.

Just made one for an R6 and it was pretty easy to do. Just decide on what angle you want the plate to be and start fabricating.

There's a pic or wto on my site at www.ericblattert.com

Let me know if you need any help with it.

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.