Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

I am trying to order something online for my bike but see all these numbers and not sure which one I have.

YZFR6BCB
YZFR6BL
YZFR6BCL
YZFR6BB
YZFR6BCW
YZFR6BW

Can anyone help me out ?

2012 Yamaha R6 Color is Raven for that model year.

Thanks

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
I believe the C in the model code is for the California model, which has some extra emissions stuff on it.

Unless you're ordering fairings, the model code shouldn't matter. If it is for fairings, I'm guessing the ones that end in 'B' are for black or blue, 'W' is for white, 'L' is for limited edition? I don't know what colors were available that year, but if you can figure that out, you should be able to suss out the exact model codes.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I believe the C in the model code is for the California model, which has some extra emissions stuff on it.

Unless you're ordering fairings, the model code shouldn't matter. If it is for fairings, I'm guessing the ones that end in 'B' are for black or blue, 'W' is for white, 'L' is for limited edition? I don't know what colors were available that year, but if you can figure that out, you should be able to suss out the exact model codes.
+1 but its just my opinion not fact, cross reference the part numbers that you need ?

·
UR B-hind Da 8 Ball
6,380 Posts
As Fallis said, the "C" is for California model. The first "B" is the year designation. The last letter is the color code. "W" is the 50th GP anni (red/white). I believe "L" is the Blue and "B" is the black. The only thing that is different as far as ordering parts is the colored parts, and if you order fairings, they have the paint codes listed in the diagram (DPBMC is blue, SMX is metallic black, and MBL2 would be matt black)

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info... Yeah I found out today that SMX would be for my bike as confirmed by the part number I was looking at online..

13S-21710-00-P3

The P3 is for black according to my local yamaha parts place.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts