Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, I just bought an 07 Blue/Black R6.

I am looking to do some mods right away

-Flush Mount Front Signals
-Integrated Taillight and Fender Eliminator
-Frame Sliders

Has anybody tried those "Shogun" frame sliders that are on Ebay? I definitely want some NO CUT ones. What kind of brands are the most popular for the other stuff?

I really like the integrated taillight Mccoy's has that claims to be plug and play, is it really that easy? Is 150 a good price?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Hey guys and gals, I just bought an 07 Blue/Black R6.

I am looking to do some mods right away

-Flush Mount Front Signals
-Integrated Taillight and Fender Eliminator
-Frame Sliders

Has anybody tried those "Shogun" frame sliders that are on Ebay? I definitely want some NO CUT ones. What kind of brands are the most popular for the other stuff?

I really like the integrated taillight Mccoy's has that claims to be plug and play, is it really that easy? Is 150 a good price?

Thanks in advance.
I would get the sliders first so if you have a layover it will be minimal damage. I have the Shogun no cut sliders on mine and I like them. For flush mounts I have the protons. And $150 is pretty steep for an integrated tail light. I got my clear alternatives on motomummy for like $80. It is pretty nice. And free shipping too!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the clearalternatives rear light come with the stock plugs already wired on for easy installation?

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
I have the clear alternatives integrated tail. I have power's stuntworkz rail sliders. And I have the ebay special LP Racing flush mounts. The only thing that i don't like are my flush mounts. half of the leds have stopped working on both sides.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the clear alternatives tail, purchased from motomummy. installation was easy and it is indeed plug and play for the brake harness, you have to tap in for the blinker wires but its really not hard (i used the stock blinker plugs), they give you everything you need. I also have the Lockheed phillips aero flushies and they are great for the price, proton flushies are the top shelf though, if you got the extra cash get the protons :toocool:

·
Registered
313 Posts
I have the Shogun Sliders and they are easy to install and are nice. I have Hot Bodies smoke flush mounts in the front and I like them. They don't stand out as much as the clear ones do. I also have the CA tail light. As mentioned the brake is the Plug 'n Play part. The signals must be wired in. I also suggest using the stock connectors. That makes it a lot easier to take apart later and the connection is more solid. $150 is high for that...should be about $80 as mentioned. Congrats on the bike!:party

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes. I also have Shoguns and they work very well. I slipped in some gravel last week and laid down my bike on the left side and there was no damage at all except for a scratch on the left blinker (my blinkers are stock).

·
Registered
330 Posts
Sliders are a must. I put Shoguns on my bike as soon as I bought it, but one of the sliders fell off the bracket after about 4 months. One day I was getting on the bike, looked down, and there was no slider. If you search the threads, you'll see it happens to people every once in a while. So I give Shoguns two thumbs down (I bought woodcraft cut sliders and they are awesome).

·
Vrooom on a Yamaha
358 Posts
here are the rail sliders. better than regular sliders IMO

Attachments

·
pop wheelies
1,615 Posts
I have the shogun no cuts and I haven't had a problem with them yet, besides the fact I ordered black and got polished.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts