Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
129slayer.com
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to buy some spark plugs, I was just wondering if I could run a NGK CR9EIX, Ive found alot about a CR10EIX in r6's but my dealership doesn't carry them. Thanks.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Im going to buy some spark plugs, I was just wondering if I could run a NGK CR9EIX, Ive found alot about a CR10EIX in r6's but my dealership doesn't carry them. Thanks.
The 9 is just a hotter plug, but they are essentially the same. If you live in a really warm area, you may want to get the 10 plug. Also, go with the iridium plugs if you can.

·
129slayer.com
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a ton!
anyone have a write up on how to change on a 1st gen? i searched, no success.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
Thanks a ton!
anyone have a write up on how to change on a 1st gen? i searched, no success.
yeah, take that shit apart, pull the old plugs, put the new ones in, put it back together...:laugh

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
^^^thats prolly the best way to change your plugs right there...

OP, Im running 10's and have been for 8k miles...inspected them bout 4k miles ago and theyre beautiful:fact

·
Registered
277 Posts
Mine came pre-gapped. I have the CR10EIX (iridium).

However, been told that the CR10EK perform better although don't last as long?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
No, you should not be gapping these plugs, at least the iridium ones. And usually the iridiums are the better performers, but you never know. who would have guessed the best plug for the venerable ford 302 was the crappy Autolite AP25.... but then, that was the plug ford used to develop it, so I guess it makes sense, right?

·
Parts Pimp
26,470 Posts
U need to pull the seat, the tank, then the airbox.

Make sure you put the coils back on all the way. i turn them from left to right as I put pressure on them. Do 1 at a time so you can compare it to the others.

I used the plugs mentioned in the service manual.

Don't forget to reconnect the low fuel level sensor under the tank. There is also a fuel shut off under there that I forget to turn back on sometimes.

Good luck. It's an easy and rewarding job.

·
129slayer.com
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Chef i guess i didn't get a coil back on right, its missing, I'll have to check ina bit.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
You must have been off your game... Those are both iridium plugs.:lmao
I meant that you can use the iridium or non iridium version of the 9 or 10 plug, as it comes in both....and I think they even come in resistor vs non resistor, but I dont remember... I will be ordering the Iridium 10s probably this afternoon....

·
Registered
277 Posts
Plugs here in UK are a rip off!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts