Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
planning to get a R6 for my weekend blast bike, I currently have a 2014 MT07 to commute to work but my wife keeps stealing it on the weekends and leaves me at home with nothing to ride. I have owned many bikes over the years but my last sport bike was in the early 80s and was a Duke 750ss from 77. as I am quite small (170cm and 70kg ) Im looking for a sporty bike thats both easy to ride and fun, I have thought about a GSXr 750, CBR600R, ZXR6 and a R6, I test rode an R1 but its way to heavy and big for me (and a bit to fast as well) Looking for a tame bike for 3 to 4 hr rides up and down the coast, So I will defer to you all (who are the experts) as to which R6 to get. Cost is the main issue as I have just spent a heap on the MT, thought the first gen would be good. Not to concerned about the G/Box issues as I am a mechanic and engineer so I love to fiddle, paint, mod and fix bikes.
PS, Im and old fart (50+) and just like to ride, may even like to do a track day or two but outright power is not my main goal, just smooth easy riding at normal speeds.

Your thoughts.

·
Do you even lean bro?
164 Posts
The 600rr I had was easier to cruise than the R6 I picked up this summer.

It took a little time, but I wouldn't go back...R6 is high strung, but after 10k.....it pulls like a beast.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I've ridden all 4 bikes and I found the CBR and GSXR to be more comfortable for longer rides as they don't sit as aggressive in riding position as compared to the ZX6R and Yamaha. That's how I felt on them anyways. I own a 2012 R6 right now and love it. I've done 800 km day trips on it and I was still happy. Love the amount of power it provides. Keep it at low RPM for calm cruising or keep it higher to open her up and have a little fun. Good luck with your choice. Ride Safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks to all for feedback, my problem is that I love Yamaha's. they would have to be the best jap bike out there, i have owned 5 now, 1 ducati and 2 hondas, i am not even tempted by the others,the CBR build quality has slipped, the kawa looks gawdy and the gixxer looks cheep. to me looks and build quality are more important than out right performance, as long as i am comfortable i will be happy.

·
Premium Member
252 Posts
I also forgot to menation about the 2013 CBR 600 that I know a guy out here who test drove one and on the hwy both side fairings broke free and basically opened up and created wings. That scaree the crap out of him. May have been loose screws we thought up until I read that the same thing happened to another guy also. Mu buddy was ready to buy one up until that point.

·
Weeeeeeeeeeeee
1,667 Posts
Mt09...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts