Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting a couple of riding books for my brother-in-law for christmas whose only recently got his licence & was wondering which set is better.

The Twist of the Wrist books ?

or the Proficient Motorcycling ones ?

or Sport Riding Techniques

·
Registered
283 Posts
I bought the twist of the wrist DVD and would recommend it over the TOTW books. I've watched it numerous times. It has demonstrations and good tuition. It covers everything you need even down to how to slide the bike to take corners faster. It's a lot better to se it happening on tv.
Anyway it is $60 in the shop and i will sell this one for $50 if you want it. Otherwise it's going on Ebay.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you sure you want to sell it?

If I had it I'd probably keep it to either lend it to mates that ride, pull it out every so often for a refresher or to use as a type of reference guide.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Actually your missing another good book... Total Control, I like that book and sport riding technique. More of a nodern version of twist of the wrist and it contains practical exercises.

RATBIKE R6

·
Registered
52 Posts
i have sport riding techniques and i like it a lot...i would recomend it...it makes the techniques and stuff simple enough for anyone to understand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts