Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to buy a slip-on exuast, but i can't decided which ones? Anybody have any idea which is the best exuast and produce more power for my 2007 r6?

·
Ballin'
1,036 Posts
I don't think you can really expect too much gain from a slip on. It's kind of like the whole cat back or a axle back on a car. I know most cat back are 3 times more gain than a axle back. It also depends on who makes them. I would say a slip on is mostly for looks and sound with little gain.

I went with the Akrapovic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I don't think you can really expect too much gain from a slip on. It's kind of like the whole cat back or a axle back on a car. I know most cat back are 3 times more gain than a axle back. It also depends on who makes them. I would say a slip on is mostly for looks and sound with little gain.

I went with the Akrapovic.
agreed...if you looking for more power, your gona want a full exhaust system, not just a slip on.
If you are looking for a slip on, i know hotbodies makes a nice one.
thats whats on mine...

not the best pic, but you can see it kinda

·
Registered
89 Posts
M4 slip on...i love mine

·
I got an R6000
114 Posts
sorry to hijack your thread but does anyone know if a slip on violates the Yamaha Extended Warranty (Y.E.S.)? I want to get one but that is holding me back...

·
Registered
88 Posts
There is a shop near me that sells some 2 Brothers slip-ons that look pretty sick. They are selling them for about 400. I was thinking about picking one up and a power commander for my 06 r6....

Anyone have any feedback on the 2 brothers?

(Sorry for slightly thread-jacking)

·
Registered
70 Posts
jardine gp1 looks the best... and the best priced too. too bad they are on back order right now... ive been waiting on them for a while now.

·
lurking
17 Posts
sorry to hijack your thread but does anyone know if a slip on violates the Yamaha Extended Warranty (Y.E.S.)? I want to get one but that is holding me back...
no it doesn't void the warranty, i asked the dealer. I went with the jardine gp1, I don't think I gained any power but it looks and sounds good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts