Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which V's have u guys changed? the inside two or outside two?

·
Registered
32 Posts
03'04' you put the after markets stacks on the outside and move the two stock shorter stacks from the outside to the inside.

·
My 6 makes me super horny
140 Posts
I'll definately do that, not sure I really felt any difference with all 4 in! Matter of fact, my avg. 1/4 mi time slowed by like 2 tenths. 11.2xx to 11.4xx

·
Registered
52 Posts
i just used the 2 outside ones from graves on my bike. you can defintaly feel them. the bike will pull alittle harder up top but what you really notice is the power band is longer and has a noticable curve to it. also top speed will go up alot, before the stacks it would drop on its face and would creep up to 14,400 rpms with no headwind (close to 160mph, stock gears)

after the stacks it would do the same think but creep up to 15,500 rpms (close to 160, with 520 1 down 1 up) the 520 im sure helped pull that high.

anyway it also makes it easier to know when to shift without the light because stock the power delivery is real flat up top afterwards it has a real nice curve and you can really feel it top off.

another note, after i did this mod my gf wanted them on her r6 but i only bought 2 off ebay from some guy who had bought a set.

anyway i bought two short stack from yamaha, and it was like $4 for both.
its so easy to isntall the factory ones since there rubber just pop off the lid to the air box and pull them out and push the new ones in (the 2 center ones) takes like 5 minutes, no removing the air box.

her bike pulled exactly like mine did, no difference what-so-ever. i never got either dynoed but from the seat of the pants they felt identical, and they pulled to the same rpm's and her bike would literly pull to about 15,200 with stock gears in 6th! im sure thats close to 170 mph! no doubt would pull to 15,500 like mine di with different gears.

if i were to do it again i would have just thrown to factory stacks in mine.

sorry for the long post, but since i got to try both i thought id share.

·
Registered
250 Posts
if anyone has an extra pair of Vstacks that you didn't use since you most likely only installed the pair, I'll buy them from ya... for a reasonable price that is...

·
Registered
52 Posts
no need just go to the dealer. i dont remember but they were like $1.78 or something each. after tax it was like literly $4 for both.

you can do this mod with liek literly the change in your couch, and its simple since you dont have to pull the air-box, my gf can put em in.

·
Registered
52 Posts
if you pull the lid to your airbox youll see the 4 stock v-stacks in there.

the two center ones are taller then the outer two. just go buy to outer stack from the dealer and put em in the middle and run 4 short v-stacks.

there not as short as the graves, most people take the short stack and put them in the middle and put the graves or factory pro v-stacks on the outside. this is what i did to my R6. and i just used 4 short oem stack on my gf's bike.

i never did dyno so no real proof, but me and my gf both will tell you they changed the power bands the same, , you can fell it although its not night and day u will feel the upper enf pull better without flatening out. i couldnt feel a difference from my bike to hers seriously doubt it will be more than 1hp.

what do you have to loose. $4 and 5 min of your time?

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
i have heard of people doing it the free way and shortening the tall stacks and then smoothing them like a aftermarket one. will take time and a few simple tools to shape rubber or plastic or whatever they are. been so long since i changed mine out :cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
does this mod apply for an 05'? i haven't really took a good look around, and don't have a clue to as the difference between the earlier years. however i heard that they changed the intake on the 05's

anyone know? i'm curious because i was just checking out the yamaha stacks and they areselling em for 100 bucks. i'm more of a factoring parts fan!

any suggestions?

·
Professional Beginner
205 Posts
ok, I have an 05 and just ordered 2 stock 15MM stacks to replace the longer ones. Let's see if this does anything, if not I'll order some from Graves or the GTYR. It was $4.14, what do I reall have to lose? I'll keep you posted, maybe I'll dyno before and after...

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
tezzmin said:
03'04' you put the after markets stacks on the outside and move the two stock shorter stacks from the outside to the inside.

if you wanna drag , Mod stacks to the inside :twisted:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
rocness said:
does this mod apply for an 05'? i haven't really took a good look around, and don't have a clue to as the difference between the earlier years. however i heard that they changed the intake on the 05's

anyone know? i'm curious because i was just checking out the yamaha stacks and they areselling em for 100 bucks. i'm more of a factoring parts fan!

any suggestions?
The factory stacks work just as well as the Graves I have , and yes they fit 05 ( pssss .... Graves sells em cheaper ) :mrgreen:

·
Registered
28 Posts
its been stated that this works on 03-05 r6's but would it work just as well for the carb models? cant beat a 4 dollar mod that makes a change you can really notice

1 - 17 of 17 Posts