Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my bike together and I went for a ride yesterday. The bike runs great now, but there is an oddd noise if I put my head down and listen.

While i am accelerating, if I put my head down by the chain, I hear it. It is like a whistling or a whining noise (sounds like a turbo winding up or a jet engine).

I don't remember hearing it before. i think it may be normal, just amplified now because of my sprocket setup and the fact that I did not put the chain guard back on.

Can anyone help??

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
It may also be coming fron the motor or trans...hard to tell while moving...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ill give it a shot.

I have it at the tight end of the play range in the manual, but Ill loosen it up a little and see if this solves the noise issue.

Again, I don't think it is detremental, but it is different...

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Probablu the same sound.

I think it is somewhat normal. I guess we didnt buy thesse bikes for a comfortable noise free ride...

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
jasamb, i rode my r1 (for a short period) and never heard this whistiling noise, i dont know what your talking about, my helmet use to make a noise like that cause wind would get in through a small hole, im sorry i couldnt help on your subject, i wouldn't think it was anything bad.
:cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would have to agree with OCBoy the whistle noise is probably from your helmet. I noticed the same problem, no noise when looking forward but as soon as you look down a whistle noise. Turned out, it was just the air vents in the helmet. Try riding your bike a without your helmet on just to verify that you have a noise.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.