Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so after A friend and i decided to take the tank and air box off to see if maybe we could find where the white smoke was coming from we found absolutely nothing........I Finally just got pissed and rode my bike to one of the local shops.........the mechanic there test rode my bike and told me that i have the fastest r6 he has ever rode, and nothing is wrong with the bike.............for the most part it stopped smoking outta the tail...He told me that my throttle wasnt properly adjusted and that it needed at least a quarter inch of movement......and he said with out that the the butterflys in the carbs werent corectly closing.. and could cause white smoke........he also told me he thinks i may of had a bad tank of gas possibly with water in it???....the bike barely smokes any more but at the end of a hard ride it does a little bit.....and has a funky odor to it.....I still believe i have a blown head gasket but i really dont want to take apart my engine to find there is nothing wrong with it.....he told me theres no way i have a blown head gakset because he would of been able to feel the power loss.........and supposedly allll the power is there.....He also said that my high mount micron pipe might smoke a little bit....but this just doesnt seem normal to me.....I almost feel as if there has to be something wrong even tho the bike feels MINT!!! any more takes on any of this guys? THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP...........

1 - 1 of 1 Posts