Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Touchdown!
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a all you people who insure your bike in Southern California, which insurance company do you use?

I am thinking of staying out there for a while, and my current insurance company doesn't insure cyclist in California. I don't have the best driving record; actually, about 4 tickets in a 1 year span with 3 of them being speeding.

Any idea for an insurance company to use?

·
This Side Up Stupid
16 Posts
Do a search next time bud. Huge tread on this already. That being said.... State Farm, State Farm, and oh.... State Farm

·
Touchdown!
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do a search next time bud. Huge tread on this already. That being said.... State Farm, State Farm, and oh.... State Farm
Thanks.

I actually did a thorough search on here and http://www.r1-forum.com/. The information in the threads weren't that helpful, and the companies listed couldn't help either; yes, I called them.

State Farm probably will not insure me for the next two or so years assuming I don't receive any more moving violation. Damn, no one can come close to my current insurance company. They're the truth.

·
This Side Up Stupid
16 Posts
Thanks.

I actually did a thorough search on here and http://www.r1-forum.com/. The information in the threads weren't that helpful, and the companies listed couldn't help either; yes, I called them.

State Farm probably will not insure me for the next two or so years assuming I don't receive any more moving violation. Damn, no one can come close to my current insurance company. They're the truth.

Need to learn the system! Postpone all moving violations the maximum of 2.5 years in California. Then fight it right before that deadline. The issuing officer will most likely not show up. My roommates and I have gotten out of countless tickets that way.

Oh and I say State Farm because they are the only legit provider that covers track time.

·
Love my bike
1,398 Posts
Need to learn the system! Postpone all moving violations the maximum of 2.5 years in California. Then fight it right before that deadline. The issuing officer will most likely not show up. My roommates and I have gotten out of countless tickets that way.

Oh and I say State Farm because they are the only legit provider that covers track time.

Ah? I was told by my state farm agent is not covered in the track. And i have full coverage by the way

·
This Side Up Stupid
16 Posts
Ah? I was told by my state farm agent is not covered in the track. And i have full coverage by the way

That's because your agent is like my previous State Farm agent (full of SH**). I literally changed from one State Farm agent to another State Farm agent. They most definitely cover track.

Right when I changed agents my previous one suddenly was able to offer coverage with the track included. Oh and I went from $675 every 6 months to $325 full coverage. Everything varies agent by agent. Just need to find an honest one.

It took a lot for me not to drive down to my previous agent and not break his legs for screwing me for years.

·
Love my bike
1,398 Posts
That's because your agent is like my previous State Farm agent (full of SH**). I literally changed from one State Farm agent to another State Farm agent. They most definitely cover track.

Right when I changed agents my previous one suddenly was able to offer coverage with the track included. Oh and I went from $675 every 6 months to $325 full coverage. Everything varies agent by agent. Just need to find an honest one.

It took a lot for me not to drive down to my previous agent and not break his legs for screwing me for years.

Thanks so much for the tip, I will definitely do some research. Is that like a special amendment for track use? Or is it standard for every policy. Is it possible that I am covered and my agent doesn't know? Any info is appreciated, thanks so much

·
Touchdown!
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
I used to be insured with State Farm. Right now I only have rental insurance with them.

However, I do know that SF will sometimes change their policies at a moments notice.

If they'll insure me, then I'll back to them (assuming if I relocate, and my company doesn't offer insurance in new location). I love my current insurance company. Right now I pay ~$600/year for full coverage, and I love it. Looking to keep it about the same or less if possible. No claims, no accidents... just moving violations.

·
This Side Up Stupid
16 Posts
Did I read that right? You pay $600 a month and you love that? Sounds a lot to me, I would do more research if I were you

I'm assuming he ment per 6 months. I pay $375 per 6 months with full coverage including track and I have an accident on my record.

·
This Side Up Stupid
16 Posts
I'm assuming he ment per 6 months. I pay $375 per 6 months with full coverage including track and I have an accident on my record.
Thanks so much for the tip, I will definitely do some research. Is that like a special amendment for track use? Or is it standard for every policy. Is it possible that I am covered and my agent doesn't know? Any info is appreciated, thanks so much

I specifically stated to my agent while she was doing the quote that I wanted to be covered at the track as well. Don't know if that's something you need to specifically state or not.

·
Touchdown!
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
No, for the year.

I love this compared to the $8,000/year Geico wanted to charge me, the $10,000/year Progressive wanted to charge me, and at one point, $3,700/year State Farm wanted to charge me. This was all with a clean driving record, no accidents, no claims, over 25 years of age... Yeah. I'll take that.

I also have really high coverages. 100000/50000/100000.

EDIT: I had friends who didn't believe me, so I called each company, got a quote while on speaker phone, and my friends were like, WTFFFFFFFF!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts

·
\o/
101 Posts

Where is your agent located? Do you mind sharing contact info?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
No, for the year.

I love this compared to the $8,000/year Geico wanted to charge me, the $10,000/year Progressive wanted to charge me, and at one point, $3,700/year State Farm wanted to charge me. This was all with a clean driving record, no accidents, no claims, over 25 years of age... Yeah. I'll take that.

I also have really high coverages. 100000/50000/100000.

EDIT: I had friends who didn't believe me, so I called each company, got a quote while on speaker phone, and my friends were like, WTFFFFFFFF!
Yes has a bit to do with driving record but it also has to do with the type/model bike you ride. Your record can be clean as a whistle but if it's a popular bike, high theft and high rate of incidents not necessarily by you that causes your insurance to go up as well.

·
Premium Member
1,095 Posts
I had Dairyland quote me at a pretty reasonable rate for the R6, being a return customer. Guaranteed the rate for three days. Called back on the third day to finalize everything, and the price jumped 40%. I was like "what.the.fcuk...." "Oh I'm sorry, the lady you were working with didn't see the memo for the rate change that went into effect statewide that day". Said eff that, and went with my buddy at Farmer's, which runs motorcycles through Foremost. He was able to beat Dairyland's original price, which he wasn't able to do on the first bike I had.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts