Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious. i dont because i can't afford it + it doesn't make any sense to me to have it when it costs $2500 a year. two years accident free and ive paid for the bike when i wreck it. so, it's a gamble worth taking in my opinion.

·
My reason for full gear!
36 Posts
I don't know how, but I managed a policy from State Farm for about $420 a year for full coverage on my '06 R6. It may be my age and my driving history, but I'm happy to know if my bike gets stolen, a check will help ease the pain.

And I swear I don't work for State Farm.

·
RED ROCKET
3,164 Posts
Ive got full coverage throught auto owners i think it is, and pay about 500 for a full year, but in the winter i can take off full coverage and put on storage coverage for 20 bucks a month

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
I'd hate to have something happen to the bike and be left empty.

try state farm. in my case they beat geico by almost half.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Well mine was just stolen so without insurance I would have been ****ed! I would shop around until you find something affordable.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I have just liablility for the same reason, it was just way too much. But as soon as i find something affordable i'm getting full coverage.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I switched to State Farm after I got my bike, I pay $33 a month for full coverage and I am 21 but have a perfect driving record. They have it listed as my 3rd vehicle so that helps some though.

·
Resident JMU Wizard
1,218 Posts
You can only get State Farm motorcycle insurance if you are already a State Farm customer. Just an FYI for you guys shopping around. I pay $230 a year for full coverage with State Farm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
State farm is definitely where its at. I talked to the insurance representative there and they don't really factor in the make/model of the bike. Engine size is their primary rate factor. 600 supersport vs. 600 cruiser... would have similiar rates. When I asked about motorcycle insurance it was going to be 1050$ a year for just my bike. To insure my car and bike was 1200$ a year. (600 for the bike w/ full coverage and 600 for my 93' taurus, liability only) I recommend asking about multi-policy discounts when shopping around.

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
I had geico with my car before the bike. now with the bike I switched to state farm with the bike and car, then my rep threw on home owner's insurance which brought my car and bike rate down, lol.

if you use state farm or are looking into it and have multi vehicle ask for a quote on homeowners. with bulk discount adding home owner's lowered my overall rate 10 bucks a year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Does "Full Coverage" include theft?

I'm fully covered with theft for about $850. Without theft (with collision) is was around $400.

·
pat = god
3,303 Posts
yes, when I went from geico to state farm the cost was cheaper AND my coverage increased. geico was good to me since I was in the Army but they couldn't come close to state farm.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have full coverage (well, had) with Allstate. I dumped and totalled it last month, and they gave me full book value no questions asked. I was paying a little less than $600/year, but I also have my car and homeowners' through them.

Full coverage is definitely a good idea if you can afford it. You never know when you'll go down and be completely out of a bike.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts