Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Ninja Rider
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new tank protector because mine is old and starting to become a little discolored.

Anyways, i was wondering if anyone could post a pic of their tank protector and where they got it. I've been thinking about just getting some naked chick to put on my gas tank haha, havnt found a good site with them tho.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
I want the naked chick one, but don't wanna hear the bullshit comments from my GF about it.

I have a carbon fiber one made by pro-grip. Bought it from motosport.com

No pics cause I haven't put it on yet..
Let's be specific, here: You mean a carbon fiber LOOK tank pad by Pro-Grip, right? :sing

(one of my pet peeves, for sure.)

:)

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
Let's be specific, here: You mean a carbon fiber LOOK tank pad by Pro-Grip, right? :sing

(one of my pet peeves, for sure.)

:)
wrong...look at mine...the top is real CF and the bottom is real molten lava, concentrated in a gel capsule protective sleeve. $20 at cycle gear

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
wrong...look at mine...the top is real CF and the bottom is real molten lava, concentrated in a gel capsule protective sleeve. $20 at cycle gear
sweet! that must keep big jim and the twins nice and warm. :laugh

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
I'm looking for a new tank protector because mine is old and starting to become a little discolored.

Anyways, i was wondering if anyone could post a pic of their tank protector and where they got it. I've been thinking about just getting some naked chick to put on my gas tank haha, havnt found a good site with them tho.
here you go. although i would not recommend getting a naked chick. imo, it makes the bike look cheap.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts

·
Dangerously Irish
9,550 Posts

Note: I have my spare key with my car, house and other misalliance keys & Chains. Not the key used to ride with. No triple tree's were harmed in the taking of this picture.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
That's a small pic...I see pixels. And IIRC Pro-Grip doesn't make a tank pad with REAL carbon fiber. All they make is carbon look...

...but I could be wrong about that now, as times...they are a'changin'...

And btw...that's not real lava either... :secret

lol

I do...

I got it from www.tobefast.com for ~$45. Looks top notch.
^^^ REAL CF :fact

·
RIDE, SURF, L )VE
12,698 Posts
That's a small pic...I see pixels. And IIRC Pro-Grip doesn't make a tank pad with REAL carbon fiber. All they make is carbon look...

...but I could be wrong about that now, as times...they are a'changin'...

And btw...that's not real lava either... :secret

lol

^^^ REAL CF :fact
i have no doubt that mine is both real lava AND real carbon fiber. nevermind that the two sections of my tank pad run into each other...but that just points to how strong my carbon fiber is :fact

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
i have no doubt that mine is both real lava AND real carbon fiber. nevermind that the two sections of my tank pad run into each other...but that just points to how strong my carbon fiber is :fact
Dude, no joke here...if what you say is true...the carbon fiber in your tank pad could defeat the One Ring. I'll be sure never to cross you again... :bow

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
:laugh you guys can be so dorky sometimes.
would you rather us join you in the full-time category?
ta da ching! :laugh

But really...I've had my bike for 6 months now and I still haven't got a tank pad for her. I still have that fuel warning sticker on there... :laugh

I need a tank pad so I'm gonna :popcorn: for more pics, although I'll probably go with another GYTR CF pad.

·
Moderator Narcissist
18,899 Posts
i'm a simple man

Oh, speakin' of Stomp Grip, I need to get some of those, too. I'm finding the R1's tank a little odd to keep my knees planted compared to the 6. I never had a problem with the 6 so I never got the stuff...but...I dunno, maybe I just never noticed. Either way, yeah...I need those, too. ;)

·
zomething different
8,430 Posts
would you rather us join you in the full-time category? ahh, it's been a while rex :cheers
:laugh :cheers i noticed you were absent from here a little while ago. busy with school or did you get banned?

i'm a simple man

i got this same set up but my stomp is black and i got the carbon LOOK protector. let me see if i can find a pic...

edit: here ya go.

damn that pic is old. i think i took it last spring.

1 - 20 of 113 Posts