Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
did anyone have to do anything with the TPS on the bike after installing this? How difficult was it? Anyway to get the same throw as stock out of it? I know it comes with different cams.

How does it secure to the bar? Hopefully in a better manner than the stock shit (that litle plastic dowel is a joke).

:cheers

·
Meh
9,250 Posts
did anyone have to do anything with the TPS on the bike after installing this? How difficult was it? Anyway to get the same throw as stock out of it? I know it comes with different cams.

How does it secure to the bar? Hopefully in a better manner than the stock shit (that litle plastic dowel is a joke).

:cheers
I've had mine sitting in my closet for freakin' months and haven't gotten a chance to install it yet... but there's a bunch of different cams, so you've got your choice of how much throw you want. I'm pretty sure there's one that's supposed to be close to stock. Dunno how it's secured to the clip-on.

I'm curious - why you wouldn't just keep the stock throttle if you want the same throw?

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,823 Posts
I've had mine sitting in my closet for freakin' months and haven't gotten a chance to install it yet... but there's a bunch of different cams, so you've got your choice of how much throw you want. I'm pretty sure there's one that's supposed to be close to stock. Dunno how it's secured to the clip-on.

I'm curious - why you wouldn't just keep the stock throttle if you want the same throw?
This. There is no advantage to an aftermarket throttle other than changing the opening rate, really.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
look dude who made you editor ?. my point was tight leg space caused me to go aftermarket . didnt realize it until after the sale. go grade a damn paper or something.

·
www.1seven1.com
2,064 Posts
More thumbs up for the throttle kit. We've got a couple sections at Miller where I'm going WFO leaned over, then tip the other direction and hard brakes. With the OE throttle I caught myself gabbing the brakes before I had the throttle fully closed = near disaster at speed.

Well worth the money for track use!

·
www.1seven1.com
2,064 Posts
Grow a pair. It's not like we've got a lightswitch on 200hp. :D

The 50mm rocks it!

1/5th turn here. 45mm cam. that 50mm scares me too much to try. :laugh

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts

When we did a set of clipons recently, there was just a hair of play In the hole we drilled for the stock throttle tab. When beasting on the wrong grip, we actually broke that little plastic dowel that holds it in place. I assume the motion pro doesn't have such a weak setup.

On this particular bike, I was able to tap the hole and dril the tab or dowel off the stock throttle. We then threaded the bolt up into the clipon and the throttle is stable now. No play.

So, I'm lookin to replace mine eventually, but more importantly this other one. The stock setup is such a short throw, I don't wanna go any smaller!

·
slow guy
4,403 Posts
Fren tubos, MP revolver and Renthal clip ons made for some tweaking to get everything where I wanted it. But, the ability to change the revolvers is nice when fine tuning ones riding.

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts
Fren tubos, MP revolver and Renthal clip ons made for some tweaking to get everything where I wanted it. But, the ability to change the revolvers is nice when fine tuning ones riding.
:werd

I got a chance to look at Carlos's over the weekend, and the way it secures to the clip on is also much more secure. It also allow you to put it on so the throttle cables are above the hand and lever. This allows a TON more clearance for the brake lines. It will really let me move the clipons into a LOT more positions as well.

It's definitely on my list of things to get eventually!

What cam did you end up running?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts