Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my second bill from yamaha and I am pissed :cuss I financed a little under $6000 and I payed my minum balance of $143 10 days before it was due. On this next bill I get slammed with $90 of finance charges. WTF I thought you only got them when you paid late? Am I missing something or is this BS?

·
Registered
836 Posts
Dude... the finance charges are the interest that you are paying on the loan.

Sounds like you aren't on the 3.9% promo, so you had better buckle down and pay that shit off as quickly as you can.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but that doesn't sound right. They charged me for a "Billed Finance Charges" and a "Billed Deferred Finance Charges." Plus the interest is already calculated into the monthly payment of 143 otherwise my payment would only be around 120. I have got to call them and see what is goin on, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I've never heard of being charged a finance charge for making a payment early?? Then again, nowadays these fuckers find creative ways of charging a poor guy a fee for calling in to inquire about his account.
By the way, you've been warned, so don't be surprised when you see a $25 service fee for inquiring about your account! LMAO

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I do all of my banking on the internet. i pay all my bills electronically, including my Yamaha Card Account. i can look at my account info whenever i want with no fee.

·
Registered
380 Posts
I just got my statement today and it also had both of those. im on the 3.9 and paided 100 out of 5000 my first payment and it says i only paid 64? does that seem right? im not good with math. so now instead of $5000 it says i owe $4936 i think

·
Registered
132 Posts
$4936 is right, but if you paid $100 I dunno why the hell it would show you only paid $64 unless its showing you the principal paid and not the interest? All those finance companies are sheisty anyways so. Grrr on them!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I called them up tonight man did that take forever had to put in so many numbers and listen to dumb shit. Then i get to talk to someone that i can barely understand. 1 thing on mine that cost 18 more dollars was the YP3 or whatever. i canceled that anyone else? i never told them i wanted it but i got a call about 3 weeks ago from a guy i couldnt understand, he said he was going to send me info on it but i guess he meant he was going to add it on my bill.? hmm people

·
Registered
784 Posts
can't help you much and can only add: thats the reason I will never buy a cell phone (especially on contract) ..... have you read any of the advertisements for them lately? ... fuckin 8 or 9 little subscript notes in the fine writing.... "free local calling" etc.... they will **** you soooo hard any way they can.... anything where money is involved.....

be careful dudes and dudettes, be it cell phone, bike, insurance, etc.....

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have only made 1 payment so far and i did it online

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well after 10 minutes of navigating through a mess of recordings i got a live person on the phone. Apparently the Differed interest is extra interest since you don't pay the bill all off at once. So not only am I paying the 6.9% but I am also taking it in the rear from extra interest. Good thing I have some cash saved that bike will be all mine by the end of the month :mrgreen: Do they send me the title ater I pay off the bike? I was wondering how that all works out?

:cheers

·
Registered
443 Posts
big_vincent said:
Well after 10 minutes of navigating through a mess of recordings i got a live person on the phone. Apparently the Differed interest is extra interest since you don't pay the bill all off at once. So not only am I paying the 6.9% but I am also taking it in the rear from extra interest. Good thing I have some cash saved that bike will be all mine by the end of the month :mrgreen: Do they send me the title ater I pay off the bike? I was wondering how that all works out?

:cheers
yes you will get a the title, it will probably take a month or two, but you'll get it. I also plan on paying my loan off by the end of the year.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I financed 5 grand through the Yamaha Power Card which is 6 months no payment, no interest. Apparently they don't charge you interest for the 6 months and it's not tagged on at the end either. I plan to pay off the entire thing before the 6 months anyhow and when I got the card only 5 grand was no interest but they gave me 6800 to collect some money on the revolving credit line portion. Beware of finance companies if you can't pay off before the free period ends.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I financed 5 grand through the Yamaha Power Card which is 6 months no payment, no interest. Apparently they don't charge you interest for the 6 months and it's not tagged on at the end either. I plan to pay off the entire thing before the 6 months anyhow and when I got the card only 5 grand was no interest but they gave me 6800 to collect some money on the revolving credit line portion. Beware of finance companies if you can't pay off before the free period ends.

·
Registered
304 Posts
to tell ya the truth, i dont know much about interest free financing thru yamaha becuz i usually go thru the local credit union here. they always treat me real good and the rates are lower than anywhere else and there is no tricky shit like the bigger banks or the manufacturers finance companies sometimes pull on ya. i do hear people talking about getting screwed over in situations like this when they are refinancing their home equity loans with me. such as using interest free the first 6 months to lock you into a higher rate which they make more money off ya in the long run than if you had a lower rate to begin with. if you own a home and you absolutely need to finance a purchase like this do a home equity loan cuz you'll get the best rate or just a secured loan on your bike is usually better than going thru the dealer/manufacturer....i dont know if you watched 60 mins months ago when they caugher dealerships on tape that were adding needless extras they say are free but people were actually getting charged for this so called free shit and said so in the fine print. anyway it could be true....i would ask for a amortization schedule to prove it....if you dont know what that is....it is a breakdown of each monthly payment with how much in interest and principal you are paying and then total interest should be listed if you should keep the loan for the full term..
disclaimer....there is alot of detailed shit involved with a home equity loan and this is just a simple suggestion there is much more that a person needs to consider....so please no negative feedback on home equity loans.....i could bore you to death with shit that i know..................
bottom line, when i hear interest free it scares me cuz i know that they need to make money some how some where....if it sounds to good to be true it usually is and take that from some one with a deep back ground in financing.........FYI did you know that last year GMAC made more money financing their own vehicles than they did on the sales of their new vehicles!?

that is my two cents.......take it or leave it

·
Registered
53 Posts
Watchout for those freaks, they raised my interest, cause they thought
I had to many open accounts. That is from other debtors. **** them, isn't that a clear indication that I should stay at the lower rate, hike up the rate on the rich fuckers............

·
Registered
66 Posts
got mine thru yamaha... 3.9 and yes they show your "pay off" when they post your balance cause thats what you have to pay to own the bike free and clear.

they are only showing you what you owe and taking their interest off the top... its not that unusual.

financed $7500 @ 3.9 = interest around $24.50 (per month)
$6000 @6.9 = interest around $34.50
$5000 @3.9 = interest around $16 or $17 dollars...

Interest sucks no matter how you look at it.... :cuss

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.