Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a company that you can buy a cat eliminator header and can, and you trade your stock in on. Does anyone have the link? Basically you get a discount when you send your stock exhaust to them, and they make a cat eliminator header and can.

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
mjsperformace.com i'm going to be picking up a bike with what i believe is a stock header and a y pipe welded on this weekend. i'll have pics for you when i get it and it'll be a lot cheaper than MJS. you can still send in your stock stuff to MJS for a paypal credit.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
You can also buy a used '05 header system off someone for ~80, then send your stock headers (minus the cat) to MJS and they pay you ~80. So you're getting it virtually free.
The only downside is the 05 isn't a bolt on. Pretty close, but there are a couple minor modifications that need to be done to it.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Suit yourself, but I'd rather drill out 8 holes and make it work than spend over $200 bucks that is the EXACT same product, just done by someone else.
I'm not saying it was a bad idea, I just making sure the OP knew that it's just a little bit more work. Simple yes, but if he just ebayed an 05 header and tried to put it on, he'd be like wtf....

·
190rwhp......:eek5
10,295 Posts
Plus...(for the 05 header mod) some peeps arent that mechanically inclined...yes I know its easy, and Id do it too, but there are dudes out there that dont know what a 3/8" ratchet is..

Im not saying the OP is...just to clarify

·
yarrrrrrrg 6
99 Posts
where do i get some info on drilling some r6s headers to fit my 07r6?

·
It's pronounced "Tollz"
7,760 Posts
where do i get some info on drilling some r6s headers to fit my 07r6?
What kind of info do you need? Like how to drill them? The holes need to be widened.. not exactly "enlarged." Just find the drill bit that slides into the existing hole and drill it out. It'll take some time getting it perfect so just be patient with it. Lotssss of putting on/taking off the headers..

·
yarrrrrrrg 6
99 Posts
What kind of info do you need? Like how to drill them? The holes need to be widened.. not exactly "enlarged." Just find the drill bit that slides into the existing hole and drill it out. It'll take some time getting it perfect so just be patient with it. Lotssss of putting on/taking off the headers..
ok. and another question is does the end of it need to be trimed? or do i just find the right couplers to get the headers and an exhaust together?

last question is do i get rid of the o2 sensor and what needs to go into that? do i need to to get a power commander to trick the ecu past that?

just gathering info before i embark on that task. and thanks :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts