Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was lookin at bike pics.com and saw this carbon fiber triple clamp cover. I think it looks way better than the GYTR one, which is the only one I know of. Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
hmm, now that you mention it that sticker is even less carbon fiberey looking than the one shown.

i got one like the OP's pic came on my bike from the stealership, i'm sure if you go to your yamaha place and show them a pic they can probably order you one. since its a stealership its gonna run you 40+ through them most likely.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help so far guys. Still havin a little trouble finding one that matches the one in the pic though. The main difference I keep running into is that none of the covers I found so far go all the way around the top of the fork tubes. They all stop before the tubes like the GYTR one. I just think the full wrap around design looks way cleaner. You can see the difference in the pics.

·
Registered
156 Posts
for the record, that looks like it's on an R6s, and it covers the bolt holes that connect the clip ons to the triple (if it were on a new R6). not a good design, if you ever had to change your clip ons you'd have to take the whole cover off, potentially ruining it anyway.

·
RACE READY MODE
207 Posts
Anyone have that cover on with a steering damper/stabilizer?
Ditto. I have a damper and looking for one too. Maybe you just need to drill a hole. :popcorn:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts