Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup guys, Ive been riding this summer and I havnt gotten rid of my chicken strips. The thing is that I dont trust my stock tires to lean harder, I feel that they will slip out. Any one else with the chicken line LOL

·
Registered
57 Posts
HaHaHa.. Nope none here, they were gone by the 3nd day i had my bike. But i guess thats because i rode it 340miles the first 2 days i had it. and i needed my 600 mile service on my 6th day. I LOVE MY BABY!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Mine chicken strip is gone but it took me two rear wheel to get rid of it. I mainly commute with my bike with a few weekends up on Palomar. I am still on stock 208Z

Sad news is that I lowside last Thursday but it wasn't because of the 208Z, it was because I hit a patch road at about 65Mph with full lean. It happen so fast and I just remember seeing my bike flying about 25-30 yards.

I had framesliders so minor scratch and I had full leather gears so there was no scratch on me. Pretty dame lucky.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've still got mine on my first set of 208's. I haven't taken it to a track though, (obviously) At the end of the Faster video, all the riders were asked what they though about riding on the streets. Some of them said they'd never ride on the streets at all, but those who did said there was absolutely no shame in getting down that far, especially with all of the unknowns about the surface quality of the street you're riding on.

·
Registered
173 Posts
well........I hope no-one get hurt just trying to get wear all the way to the edge of their tire. If you have worn them down on the street ....fine. But know this it takes some real hard riding on unknown surfaces on the street and if a person continues to ride like that on the street its just a matter of time till a serious accident occurs. Maybe not today,not tomorrow or next week but you will wreck and hard.

That being said. I have worn my strips but it took taking 45 mile per hour corners at 95 or so. NOT intelligent , dont do it :stupic Save it for the track.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.