Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
anyone ever ridin with one of these. Not to sure how i feel about it.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
over at 600rr.net we have been following this for about 8 months.
right now it looks like they are promising one thing and not delivering, (unless u own a gix 1k).
a few guys who have them on the 07-08 600rr are having issues, some even abandoned it already and put the pc3 back on.

and just so u know, its not a true traction control like WSB and Moto GP runs, or the 1098R.

·
Registered
52,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right now it looks like they are promising one thing and not delivering, (unless u own a gix 1k).
a few guys who have them on the 07-08 600rr are having issues, some even abandoned it already and put the pc3 back on.

and just so u know, its not a true traction control like WSB and Moto GP runs, or the 1098R.
1098R is the only true traction control available on a commercially available bike. That is, until the software patch for the Desmosedici RR becomes available later this year.

·
iCrash
1,912 Posts
i would like to have the basic controller because it will control 8 injectors like my honda has, instead of the 4 that the pc3 does, but tuning options arent very good w/ bazzaz right now.

the new dynojet wideband looks pretty sweet tho, wanting some more info on that.

i dont see the need for TC on a 600cc bike, LEARN THROTTLE CONTROL!!!!

·
I whore my R6
1,874 Posts

yea but you guys ride hondas.......so your not the brightest group off the bat anyways haha j/k man welcome to the forum

·
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot
933 Posts
^well, at least our bikes dont burst into flames from a minor hi-side ;)

OH, they will burn from a low side too if they slide on pavement long enough:flaming

At this point I don't really care on a 600, on a literbike, yes I would want it. In cars it seems that most manufactures don't put enough effort into it and it becomes a hindrance. From the reviews the 1098R has it right, but will the other manufactures or the aftermarket get it right? I've had a VW, a BMW and an Acura car with traction control, and BMW is the only one that seemed fairly seamless and didn't hinder performance will still doing some good. There are a lot of parameters to be taken into account by a traction control system.

·
Now you see me...
1,275 Posts
traction control in cars isn't designed for racing in mind, but rather extreme weather, mine works beautiful in blizzard conditions on the highway, but is useless the rest of the time which is 99% of the time. I also agree throttle control is key

1 - 20 of 21 Posts