Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Who will be at Putnam Park in 2011?

2K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Nalim 
#1 ·
I live just 25 miles East of Putnam Park and have signed up for nearly all track days there for 2011 (13 so far). Would be good to meet some fellow R6 forum members, so post up here let me know when you will be there and we can meet up. :cheers

#2 ·
I have been to Putnam Park once - last September, and I plan on being there again with my local forum that month. Can't remember the date off the top of my head right now.

#4 ·
Cool, that was probably the NESBA event. Get in touch with me prior and we'll try and meet up. If you're nice I'll let you bum some electricity off my generator if you need it. ;)

April 9-10 I will be there for the weekend.

What Org are you riding with???
I think that weekend is the cafe racer organization? I didn't sign up for then since I think it'll still be a bit cool out and I probably won't have everything ready with my bike by then anyway. I begin on the 23rd and 24th (probably still on the cool side but whatever) and then will be there every event for the rest of the year minus one or two near the end. I haven't signed up for any in October.

Any other takers for Putnam so far?

#6 ·
I am with louisvillesportbikes.com and we have annual track days - this year we are set on September 4th. I've never rode with Nesba personally, but sportbiketracktime instead. It would be cool to hook up with more R6 owners :D

Hey TFS - Putnam April 9-10 is advertised on my local forum... I don't know exactly what/where the guy is from, as in site, but he mentions St. Louis track day/race organization. I didn't follow the thread b/c I thought it was racing only - I assume you are a member of whatever he is from? Oh wait.... that's MCRA. Hmm, excuse me while I do some research on 'em :toocool:

#8 ·
I just moved out to Indy so I will 100% be out there for my first track day asap. Where are you from? I need someone to show me the good roads.

#10 ·
Cool. I'm in Avon/Plainfield which is directly on the West side of Indy. Good roads around here? Hah! Need to go South a bit for anything worthwhile, otherwise just slower curvy roads in this area or long straights through the country area :sleeping.

unfortunately, nesba doesn't have any 2011 dates at putnam... otherwise i'd be there 4 or 5 times. i'll still try to make it down with stt or for the mcrra races later in the season.
I'll be at the STT dates as well.

Was really hoping Nesba would be here this year as I have a $300 credit with them, now if I want to use that I will have to travel at least 5 hours or more to get to one of their events. WIll wind up costing me more than $300 just to travel. :thumbdown

#13 ·
#15 ·
I'll be at Putnam with STT on July 23. This will be my first track day, so I'm really excited. I still have to get fitted/measured for leathers, I guess, as I don't own any and need to rent them. STT told me they rent leathers, so I guess that'll do for me. Hopefully I'll get to meet some of you guys there.

#16 ·
I'll be at that one, send me a PM before then and we'll meet up. Once there you can look for my R6 that will look something like this:

#19 ·
Yep, but the 23rd and 24th which are a Sat. and Sun. I'll be there!

#21 ·
Went to Putnam today, was a great day then got some rain near the end. Several crashes although none by me and I don't think anyone was severely hurt. I mainly just concentrated on trying to be consistent in the lines rather than worry about times (which was difficult to do first time there). But near the end I think I improved pretty well, looking forward to the next one!

Here's a couple shots of me on the newly painted R6 as well as one under our tent.

Attachments

#25 ·
Was this him right in front of me? :)

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.