Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 R6 and I rode up on a 2008 R6 (which was so sexy) but I asked him if he wanted to run one, and he said no I don't race. And where I'm from it is hard to find a race. what do you think the verdict would be between a 2000 R6 with a leo vinci exuast vs. a stock 08 R6?

·
Premium Member
11,269 Posts
since u haven't cleaned ur carbs since '02 and he's got that new chip controlled intake system for low end pull, u'd eat some '08 dust.

haha, neh, he'd pull out ahead but u'd almost keep pace...

·
Registered
81 Posts
you actually asked someone to race your bike on the street?

·
2B R <> 2B
3,703 Posts
Ladies and gentleman - Going with the Old bike - Beaten the newer bikes without a problem and looked @ them.... hahaha keep punking them - hahaha

·
Forum Moderator
3,107 Posts
I think you would take him down low and in the mid range, but he would very easily catch and pass you. Yes, much of it depends on the rider. I raced my good friend on his Kawi 636 a few weeks ago on a deserted back road early Sunday morning. His bike is a '05 stock 636 and my R6 is a '06 with a full Akra Ti, BMC filter and custom mapping. We started from about 60 mph and he pulled a few bike lengths ahead of me. In no time I was right on his tail then passed him a few seconds later. When I ride his Kawi 636 I notice it's not near as tight as my R6. It's a fun bike to ride, but it just doesn't feel as refined as my R6 does.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Totally depends on the rider. Get real.

·
Premium Member
18,792 Posts
It sounds like the guy on the 08 has wisdom. He doesn't race on the roads is the right answer. Take it to the track is the best thing to do.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you would take him down low and in the mid range, but he would very easily catch and pass you. Yes, much of it depends on the rider. I raced my good friend on his Kawi 636 a few weeks ago on a deserted back road early Sunday morning. His bike is a '05 stock 636 and my R6 is a '06 with a full Akra Ti, BMC filter and custom mapping. We started from about 60 mph and he pulled a few bike lengths ahead of me. In no time I was right on his tail then passed him a few seconds later. When I ride his Kawi 636 I notice it's not near as tight as my R6. It's a fun bike to ride, but it just doesn't feel as refined as my R6 does.
ya i love my r6 i jsut wanna see what it has to offer. i love the fact that my bikes fast. or to me it is.

·
Registered
313 Posts
When a riderr wins a race and people come over to celebrate do they lift up the bike or the rider? That's because the rider wins the race not the bike...it is merely a tool.

·
Registered
645 Posts
When a riderr wins a race and people come over to celebrate do they lift up the bike or the rider? That's because the rider wins the race not the bike...it is merely a tool.
Word... Good point. That is unless we're talking about set speed roll-ons with ABSOLUTELY ZERO SKILL INVOLVED just to see which bike wins or just for fun. I've done 6th gear rolls from 60mph and laughed my ass off the whole time. You wouldn't believe how low you can tuck when that is all you have to help you win...lol!

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just got a member ship on this forum,i got a 2003 yamaha r6 n my busy just got a 08,we went at it from a 60,i pulled him pretty bad,they are too heavy,i think u would of got him

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just got a member ship on this forum,i got a 2003 yamaha r6 n my buddy just got a 08,we went at it from a 60,i pulled him pretty bad,they are too heavy,i think u would of got him

·
Because I Can
2,325 Posts
i just got a member ship on this forum,i got a 2003 yamaha r6 n my buddy just got a 08,we went at it from a 60,i pulled him pretty bad,they are too heavy,i think u would of got him
hahaha congrats, you just double posted on your very first time hitting the submit reply button.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well, looks like we'll never know now...well, at least not this exact matchup (unless someone else rides your bike for you)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts