Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Read Only
1,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the way to my ladies house earlier, and all was fine an dandy till about half way through the ride. I went to use my turn signal, NOTHING. I was like WTF is going on? Turned it off, then back on. Nothing. I was close, so I just rode it to her house. Well, it was night time when I was riding. As I got to her house, I left the 6 running and looked at my tail light. It was black. No power at all.

Blew a fuse. Bad thing is, I was riding about 2 miles in the dark with NO TAIL LIGHTS. No one could tell if I was braking or not. Kind of scary if you really think about it. Oh well, I'm home safe. All that matters. :popcorn:

·
Registered
597 Posts
Had the same thing happen to me the other day, it was during the day after getting gas though. Glad your story ended on a good note

·
Mario J's Apple Juice
8,180 Posts
I rode with my HID's off after work once. The wire came loose and there was enough light on the freeway from the city lamps and cars.

Then I realized something was wrong as it was kind of dark, so I fumbled around where the ballasts were and the lights came back on. The truck in front of me must of thought I was flashing him.

·
I <3 Slick Mist.
1,378 Posts
Glad you made it home ok, I had a fuse go out on my headlights once.. that was a scary ride home even though it was dusk

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
My brake light's always on, good for keeping tailgaters off me and confusing who ever's behind me.

·
Back from the Sand box!
584 Posts

·
My R6 eats you.
7,563 Posts
My clutch lever wobbles around a bit just enough to engage the brake light switch, constantly.

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
So what blew the fuse??? My flushmount turn signal came apart inside and shorted out and kept blowing the fuse. Something caused it to blow.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I have HID's and I assume the big draw at startup over and over again is what blew mine. Not sure if the OP has HID's or not

·
track is legal heroin
262 Posts
My clutch lever wobbles around a bit just enough to engage the brake light switch, constantly.

Lol u got bigger probs if Ur clutch lever engages Ur brake light brotha :lmao

·
I intend to live forever.
302 Posts
I have a MotoD tail light. Might be that?
Could be. How is it wired in? Check all the connections to make sure something isnt touching something else. If it blew once, it will most likely blow again. Get a good connection and I would heat shrink it or make sure its taped really well.

·
Team: Teletubby racing
21,003 Posts
maybe your running low on blinker fluid :dunce:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts