Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting to buy my R6. The timing and deals just have not been right. I went to a friend of a friend at a local Yamaha dealer who told ne he would "hook me up" Apparently when this guy said "hook up" he really meant Im going to charge you MSRP+tax and tag. Here is my question: is it worth it? Should I wait a while until the 05 prices come down or just go buy a used one. How many of you are thinking about trading in your 03-04 for a 05?

·
Registered
181 Posts
i put a down payment on the 05' r1, probably end up getting rid of my 03' R6 after i take to delivery to the new beast! I figure i won't want to take turns btwn my R1 and the 6.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I wont be getting the new R6 although I am thinking of getting another new bike.The 05 R6 doesn't seem to be significantly better than my 00 R6.
I had a run the other day with a CBR 600 RR.It was close but he couldn't beat me.Top speeds were virtually the same & round the twisties I just had the edge on him.
I'd have thought an 04 CBR would be about the same as an 05 R6 performance wise.
I might have a test ride though as I'm curious to see if they are significantly better than mine. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
786 Posts
R6nutter6 said:
I wont be getting the new R6 although I am thinking of getting another new bike.The 05 R6 doesn't seem to be significantly better than my 00 R6.
I had a run the other day with a CBR 600 RR.It was close but he couldn't beat me.Top speeds were virtually the same & round the twisties I just had the edge on him.
I'd have thought an 04 CBR would be about the same as an 05 R6 performance wise.
I might have a test ride though as I'm curious to see if they are significantly better than mine. :mrgreen:
Nah man, 04 CBR is a slow turkey on track compared to the 04 R6 even... average lap times according to Sportrider's newest issue....

As for an 05.. nah I just got my 04 R6 for a piss cheap price (at cost, courtesy of a kick ass dealership, through the yamaha racing program here in canada)

·
Registered
373 Posts
i don't think trading 04 for 05 is worth it. figure- 8k is what u paid for 04.... once u leave dealership- value goes down a couple thousand so maybe trade in value might be 4k-5k.... put that down to a new 05... which is worht about 8k-9k.... difference is atleast $3k.... so to sum it all up:

you'd be paying $3000 more for the same bike, different color.

·
Registered
728 Posts
mahie023 said:
i don't think trading 04 for 05 is worth it. figure- 8k is what u paid for 04.... once u leave dealership- value goes down a couple thousand so maybe trade in value might be 4k-5k.... put that down to a new 05... which is worht about 8k-9k.... difference is atleast $3k.... so to sum it all up:

you'd be paying $3000 more for the same bike, different color.
Exactly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts