Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, I just read Bravo's post about having an escape route when he out-ran the cops. Brings to mind, how many of you have outrun the cops, and what's your story? Tell us about it...

-Solace

P.S. Don't make it up either...

·
Registered
4,159 Posts
escape route, eh? does it count if your best friend is a cop and when he first started as a rookie on the force and he'd pull you over to talk to you cuz he thought it was "cool" to pull his friends over and just when he got up to your car, you'd take off for about a 100 feet? Kinda like you used to do to your friends when they tried to get in the car?

I hope that counts cuz that's all I got. I'm not much for escape routes when it comes to the cops. Kinda hard to outrun a police radio round these parts.........plus I had a bad experience once with a friend who tried to do just that when we got pulled over with another car on the way to a all day music festival.......

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
I was going down the highway at 115 and ten cops no a hundred cops came after me and I went 300mph and jumped off an on ramp and landed on a semi and then jumped off and.....

OH...

Not really

Funny story though (this one not as exciting but actually happened)

Stuck in rush hour on the Chicago highway system so I hit the shoulder. Going about 40-50 while traffic sat still. I noticed a cop in the far left lane (I was in the right shoulder) I saw him, he saw me, I reached back to flip my plate up, shrugged my shoulders, he shook his head and I continued on my merry way.

·
Registered
12 Posts
runnin'

I had a rz5oo you guys never got them in the US, it was a 1985 yamaha two stroke with 1000cc gearing in it. I'm was always on this one streach of road trying to beat the previous weeks top speed run, you see they used to get in a slow speed wobble that got worse if you stayed on the gas. So I had it up to about 250kmh and this cop go past me so I check the mirror I see brake lights so I keep going as soon as I came over the hill into town I started downshifing and hammering on the front brake the rear wheel was locking up, I turned into my driveway and pulled into the garage and he went flying by.

We have a new law in Canada they can't chase you anymore, a 2 wheel vehicle is deemed unsafe, now when you fly by the cops they just look at you, I went past two in two weeks this summer

Shooter

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you serious? They can't chase you? Under what conditions does that fall, and WHEN IS THE U.S. GOING TO WISE UP!!! LOL

-Solace

·
Registered
308 Posts
Nice Scooter! I seen something like that on tv... like the "Polices Chases you gotta see" or something like that some special broad cast. well any there was this guy on a motorcycle splitting lanes at 100 something mph on the freeway and after a while he exits and pops a wheelie to show off that he got away. oh yeah not to mention that not only was squad cars following him but a chopper. So while the cars couldnt keep up the chopper did until he goes home and the tree blocked the choppers view. everywhere except the backyard where this guy comes out talking on the phone and gets his ass busted.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Man, I don't know if I would take the chance... I'm not much of a speed demon anyways. Although I did 130 for the first time today, and that was pretty addicting. hehehehe

-Solace

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
In the US (at least in Illinois) it depends on the department whether or not they can chase you. Some will some won't some will only chase up to a certain speed.

None will catch me...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I live in Ontario, about an hour from Toronto, they have choppers in the air, anywhere outside of that though and the police just have the cars and the dogs, to many cops getting in accicents up here they would rather you just go.

I was flying along on my r6 and doing about 140kmh and this bikes coming my way so I thought I'd wave to him and it was a bike cop he just should fist at me and kept going

its like having a liscence to speed up here

shooter

·
Registered
112 Posts
I was going close to 70 mph in a 45 zone when I came around a corner and saw a cop coming the other way. The rearview mirror showed lots of brake lights, so I didnt bother sticking around to see if he would pull me over. I took a quick left, up a mile, another left, and got lost in the rural.

I would never try anything like that closer to the city because I am the only red R6 around my area and the cops already seem to be watching me closely for wheelies. :mrgreen: Going towards the city is also bad news as there are more radios listening than in the backroads.

Rubber side down!

·
Registered
61 Posts
You think if I called my local police department they would tell me if they would chase me. Maybe I can set up a chase with one of them... just for fun ya know.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yeah I'll work on it. I'm trying to figure out the best way to work this one.

·
max speed
242 Posts
No all out chases for me yet. I cross my fingers I don't get chased otherwise I may kill myself trying to get away. Speeds climb too fast on bikes for a scared rider to think straight.

The only thing that happens to me is I see the cop...
The cop sees me...
I see the cop hit his brakes to try and follow me...
Then I don't see the cop anymore cause he was too slow to turn around :tongue

·
Registered
492 Posts
Too many to list. The one where I rode into the hotel lobby was a good one. Was going about 110 on the US60 at about mill ave. heading toward Power rd. when I noticed too late a cop on the right shoulder with his parking lights on. I saw his lights come on in my mirror. I went to full accell towards the next offramp then full breaking as I prepared to make a right off the offramp. I then took another immediate right with a Best western on the right now. I could see to my right now through the chain link fencing the cop flying up the offramp with his lights on. I darted into the covered pullup area at the lobby and slowed for the sliding doors. LMAO, they were having some kind of event or family party, but about 20 people in hawaiian shirts inside and out of the lobby watched this take place. As I came into the delightfully air conditioned lobby, I cut the engine, and lights, and turned the bike around. As I watched through the sliding doors and out over the landscaping, the cop sped by. I proclaimed, "someon's trying to kill me!" to the stunned on lookers. Bahahaha, then started her up and slowly rolled through the doors back toward the street. Got back on the freeway in the same direction and was uneventfully home in about 5 minutes, and actually raced a 750 SRAD on the way lol. He was trying to race, when all I wanted to do was run. :roll: Another that wasnt quite as funny, but was the most satisfying took place in Chandler. I was coming home from my girls house at about 2am speeding excessively on the newly opened and empty 202. After doing a short blast up to about 150 i slowed back to the posted limit. Just then I noticed a cruiser on my tail. No big deal, I run without plates. He sat there for a few moments, which is usually them trying to locate my plate or lack there of, however I attribute it now to him calling for backup. He followed me all the way to my exit before lighting me up. By now I was less than a mile from my house, and on roads where I know each inividual crack and undulation... :cool: . I slowed for the light but rolled through it and went right. WOT to my next left where there was a cruiser waiting to pull out. As I made the left in front of his car he pulled out slightly stopping just short of hitting me. WOT down the familiar straight passed the farm, almost home, passed another cruiser. 167 now, going to full breaking for the light ahead, look left look right, no cars, blew the light. I was now entering my neighborhood subdivision, basically a giant loop with a few parks/lakes in the middle. Of the 3 cops only the 3rd one is behind me, about 100 yards back. I pulled into the park dividing my neighborhood and rode the path around to the other side, puting me about a half block from my garage, mashed into the garage and pulled the disengage lever to slam the door down manually. That was definately the most satisfying, seeing the cops get out of their cars at the barricaded park entrance to foot pursue. BAHAHAHA :jerkit

Any Chandler or Mesa LEO's members here? These are just fictional tales of course, ;) any resemblance to pursuits you may or may not have had is merely a coincidence.

Reactions: Area57

·
Registered
8 Posts
never had a chase, but i did get to set my old car up for a race with a highway patrol car. friend just starting out as a cop hooked me up. 2 out of 3, not bad considering the patrol car was carrying 4 more cylinders

1 - 20 of 143 Posts