Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

Led light kit, yay or nay?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So first off, no matter what, I love em, always have. On cars or motorcycles, despite some people's opinions that it'd "rice" or "tacky". I just ordered a kit for my r6, had one on my cbr and loved it. One big reason I love it on a bike, helps to be seen at night, but that's definitely not the only reason I love it. But by all means, express your opinion, I'm curious on what ya all think, and if u have a kit on your bike, post up pics!

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
I've seen both good and bad implementations. Whatever makes one's boat, float. No harm and if done "right", looks cool.

Only downside is the fact that many people literally HACK the stock wiring in the course of doing this. They'll use quick-taps, twisties and even electrical caps. These bikes don't have much overhead for accessories but power consumption on the LED strips should be minimal... not that I've checked.

Personally, no plans to even do this. Too many other things I'm not doing and/or would rather be doing. Like until earlier this year, in well over 50k I had literally NEVER cleaned up lower part of the bike including the wheels, swing-arm and such.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Now that looks nice. 👍👍👍

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,318 Posts
Does it flash to! T He stereo?

·
YZFR6... ooodles of HP
1,318 Posts
Pretty fancy.. don't forget to get the led valve caps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts