Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys I am new to this R6 forum, and i was looking around for different fuel mapping devices and I am stuck on the power commander V but the probelm is that my bike is a 2008 model and they only sell them for 2009 and newer, so i was wounder if the 2009 model will work, or if i have to get the PC3. my bike is 49 state legal, because I live in Cali. thank you guys for all of your abundent knowledge haha

·
Sticky-side-down.
465 Posts
I have a PCV on my 07 and its wonderful. Got mine through MJSperformance good price, great service and Mike loaded up their own map.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
yeah dyno jet's site is a little misleading. whoever made it is a numb nut.
they list the older R6 as a 600r and show a picture of a 600r.
(yzf 600 R6) lol
that's 2 different bikes.
the picture for a 2004 is a third gen.:screwy
makes a bit affraid to trust their product.

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
Some of the mapping and program features are different for each year of bike dependent upon what changes are made to the bikes. In 2009 the R6 came with a variable length intake tract. This will need to be something the PCV can handle for physical changes to connections or mapping needs. Also for the second generation bikes, even though the connections are all the same, each year is loaded with different stock maps. The PC unit is loaded with a map for that specific year of bike to compensate for the changes. In 2005 the R6 came with larger throttle bodies and a different fuel regulator. This will require different mapping.

·
Banned
7,347 Posts
Some of the mapping and program features are different for each year of bike dependent upon what changes are made to the bikes. In 2009 the R6 came with a variable length intake tract. This will need to be something the PCV can handle for physical changes to connections or mapping needs. Also for the second generation bikes, even though the connections are all the same, each year is loaded with different stock maps. The PC unit is loaded with a map for that specific year of bike to compensate for the changes. In 2005 the R6 came with larger throttle bodies and a different fuel regulator. This will require different mapping.
I thought the variable length stuff was on the 06+

·
crashing aint so bad
2,271 Posts
No they didn't go with the variable length stuff until 2008. They changed the mapping in 2007 from 2006 and in 2008 they used a different updated ycc-i chip or whatever and variable intake tract. In 09 they introduced the ycc-t chip and went to a true dual injector set up, along with fueling updates. In stock form the 09 has great power through the entire rpm range. I found the throttle to be a little to responsive though. That engine wraps up so quick. Downshifts were interesting. If you so much as twitched your right wrist that bike would wrap up from 3K to 15K faster than you can blink an eye. It was hard for me to be smooth and I'm very proficient at throttle control.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes the pcV will work and just like said before you need a different map. The pcV software is different from the pcIII software. So find a pcIII map that matches what is done to your bike, download this. Then from in the pcV software click the tools bar (i believe this is the correct option but cant remember for sure) and click convert pcIII map. The data from the pcIII map will now be converted and just go ahead and save the new file and load it onto the power commander like you would any other map.

If this is to complicated (trust me its really not) you could always enter every value into a new map within the pcV software.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts