Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
U.S. Marine
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never got this other than that it takes longer for it to rotate...

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
The heavier the chain, the more inertia it has, meaning it will require more power just to move the chain, let alone the rest of the bike. It's also a rotating mass, which will have an effect on handling. The heavier the chain, the slower the bike will want to turn. However, the trade off is that a heavier chain will last longer than a lighter chain.

·
U.S. Marine
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The heavier the chain, the more inertia it has, meaning it will require more power just to move the chain, let alone the rest of the bike. It's also a rotating mass, which will have an effect on handling. The heavier the chain, the slower the bike will want to turn. However, the trade off is that a heavier chain will last longer than a lighter chain.
makes sense

·
Intermediate Knee Dragger
1,309 Posts
Not necessarily. You can get sprockets with the appropriate tooth count in the same size as the stock chain.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a buddy who spent thirty bucks bought a 14 tooth front spocket with stock chain and has gained accel. and has no problems

·
<3 My Yami.
447 Posts
I did -1 +2 and the stock chain lenth was fine. Got driven 525 sprockets for my 08 and it changed the bike completely, I love it so much more now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts