Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off over the years I have thought many bikes looked good. Almost bought an 05 ZX6R "636" very descent looking bike & bright freaking green which is great for night riding IMO but heavy bikes. I hate the look of the 07 & down GSXR's + I will never own a gixxer or be on that bandwagon. Don't care for the 06 & down CBR's but they do look better in 07 still nothing special IMO. I have felt since say 03 that the R6 had the best look of all the Jap 600's. Then I was out of the mix for a good two years or so & then I saw the 2007 R6 picture online....

I looked at it & looked at it then I looked at it some more. The more I looked the more I liked it so I left for a dealership who had 2 used candy red 07's on the floor & in person they were twice as nice as in the pictures. No bike ever had me giddy from just looks alone. Sexy, sweet, sick, smashing so I had to have one & was going to get one ASAP but not from a dealer with inflated prices on their used bikes + I had cash so no financing needed. I personally did not care for the blue "not the color itself" but instead the paint scheme. If the lower fairing were also blue I would like it alot better. The Raven is a great looking color but all black is just not my thing right now so it was the a used 07 Candy Red all the way. IMO The 08 liquid silver looks tremendous as does the 08 Yellow & Black so it would be a hard pick between the two but I feel safer on a brighter bike so probably the Yellow & black for me if I ended up with an 08.

Picked the 100% stock 07 R6 up for $7700 "he wrote $3000 on the title" so I saved a couple hundred on taxes making it more like $7500 with 2K on the clock "almost all highway miles" in showroom condition. I couldn't be happier other than it's on the tall side for me being 5'7" on a good day. I don't have short legs I instead have a short upper body. I can touch with 1/2 of each foot so it's hard to back it up. I might lower it 1" & I would feel alot better at stops. Otherwise everything is great & I love it. It's my first Yamaha since my 96 Banshee which were great quads. I actually like the lack of bottom end for putting around town & I love the top end punch when you want or need it. Reminds me of many turbo cars I've owned that hit that sweet spot & then your off like a missile.

This was just my story of why I got a bike & why I like it so much I just wish I was a couple inches taller. What was your first experience & why did you buy your R6?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Funny you brought this up.....Back in may I was in the Yamaha dealer just looking around not planning to buy. I saw the 08's on the floor and really liked them....saw the candy red 07 and asked if that one was in 08..and of course it isn't. I researched every little detail about the R6 and compared them with the CBR,(Really hate how it sits) and the 848(A lot of bike and a lot of $)......I took the 07 R6 over the 08 848....IMO no bike gave me the feel like the R6 did....how it sits, how the throttle is the works...yamaha sold me....The 848 was really close tho....but not in till i sat on my little baby in the backyard.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I really have no reason why i bought my bike other than i need a vehicle like right now, and i also considered the gas price and my monthly payments. Since my RX7 is out of commision till i fix it, i decided to get my 08 r6.

·
My R6 eats bugs
253 Posts
i saved 1200 bucks, thats why i got mine. they had just gotten a charcoal silver one in. still in the box sitting right next to the 08s. im not good enough to notice all the little bitty changes as some claim to do. got it for 8300 OTD.

·
In Florida
778 Posts
well, i was wanting the 08 Busa, they would only finance me $5K, and i already had a Yamaha card for $6K, so then i asked for an increase on the Yamaha card, they then raised it to $11K and then i was going to get the 07 R1 for 10K, but i was going to have to put down around 1K or so t be under the $11K mark, so i got the 07 R6 for $8,100 :) so in a few years when it is paid in full i may trade it in or just by me what i realy want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts