Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
go blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I was installing Agg Smog Block off plates, and removing the CA carbon canister today. I noticed there were a couple of vacuum hoses with screws in the end. Once I was done with everything, I started through the manual and found out they used to be connected. I have a total of 4 hoses which are just chillin with screws in them. It looks like they used to be connected, as you can see the arrows on the page in the manual (only place I can find these tubes in the manual). I haven't really noticed a problem with my bike besides it skipping once when first started, but its always been that way since I bought it.

Why would the previous owner do this? Would it affect the bike when starting? Would it affect the bike at all?

:bash

·
go blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure what they are. totally possible they are coolant lines. I was scratchin my head for a while. I'm going to leave it as is for now.

·
go blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Should be vacuum lines coming off of the throttle bodies. Find the other end and find out.
Looked again, they are vacuum lines. why would someone just cap them off?

·
go blue
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't see any good reason unless maybe the bike has slide stops installed?
What are they / where would I see them? I didnt see anything aftermarket when I was putting in the block off plates. I'll re-connect them then, see how the bike reacts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts