Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
i'd go with the held gloves.

even though i've never tried on the dainese gloves before, i know the held to be extremely comfortable. it's also made out of kangaroo leather, i don't know about dainese, i'm pretty sure it's their own cowhide.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
deltaonex said:
i'd go with the held gloves.

even though i've never tried on the dainese gloves before, i know the held to be extremely comfortable. it's also made out of kangaroo leather, i don't know about dainese, i'm pretty sure it's their own cowhide.
Cool, I had already ordered them. Plus I have tried them on, and they fit amazingly. I wanted a Dainese Jacket eventually, so I wanted it to match and look purdy.. :gay

But confort is probably more important.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Hey Brav, stop by Spectrum Motorsports in Irvine. They have a lot of Dainese jackets and suits and can order your size if they don't have it there...

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
lee parks gloves are supposed to be good too.

his book says that all that carbon fiber stuff is just for teh blang blang effect. on impact, all that stuff shatters and turns into 1,000 needles or something like that. which sounds possible.

he offers an all leather, stitching on the inside glove.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ed said:
Hey Brav, stop by Spectrum Motorsports in Irvine. They have a lot of Dainese jackets and suits and can order your size if they don't have it there...
Sweet, thanks for the tip. Still want to sell me your Wolf?? Let me know.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ed said:
Sure, how about today? i'll pm my phone number to you.
Sounds good- I'll call you when I get it.

·
Banned
4,021 Posts
ive heard the same as delta, but after buyin the pair i got alpinestars, i dont see how mine would cause its not hard, its bendable somewhat. but hopefully ill never know if its true :cheers

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
if it's real carbon fibre then most likely it will shatter when it hits the ground. It gets brittle and shatters. That's just what I've heard from racers and such. That's why you don't see many carbon fibre pipes on race bikes.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Yea, the true Carbon Fibre stuff is brittle as **** (just watch an F1 car smash and try to count the pieces)

I have some HJC Streetfighters ('never seen a link of them or pictures of them on the net) ... they are full gauntlet style .... and they are true carbon fibred on all the knuckles. but have the faux/fale carbon fibre bendy stuff on the outter wrist... It might be real, but theres' no real way of telling unless I rip open the glove, which is all enclosed in some sorta plastic covering the carbon pieces.... the bendy part might be real and 'uncooked' to prevent shattering.. either way, they are pimpin gloves

But ya, Held are amazing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts