Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im probably repainting my bike a custom color soon, and im trying to come up with a non ordinary color. This wont be a custom flame, or airbrush job, just going to take whats currently red, and go a different color.

Ideas ive had.
C6 Corvette White,
C6 Corvette White with Red pearl coat.

2007 Daytona Charger Sublime

Burnt Orange, like the 06 Daytonas, or C6 Z06

House of Kolors Majestic Blue.

I dont want it to look ghetto, but I have seen some "Liquid" paints that caught my eye like:
Liquid Green Over Blue Base

Besides that, whats your ideas, Im wanting something that really pops. Right now im leaning Towards C6 White with a Red pearl coat.

·
Batman wants my bike...
2,797 Posts
burnt orange!!! :YEA

·
Registered
998 Posts
Have you thought about a bright yellow with a pearl or ice mixed in? There is also an additive on the market that you add to the clear coat, that makes it "glow in the dark". It's something different and would stand out. Just throwing ideas out there. It'd be neat to see at a bike night.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only the Current Red will be painted. Black parts will remain black. Im not fond of the R6 when people paint the bottom half.

Havent really thought about yellow. I know there are some yellows out there I like too. Good call out.

I havent heard of the glow in the dark paint. Not sure how I feel about it, but ill look into it. I think id need to see it first.

·
R is for respect!
1,623 Posts
i like the burnt orange. lambo orange would look sweet also.

·
Work Hard, Play Harder!
211 Posts
I am a sucker for the orange, but personally like the Sunset Orange Metallic on the camaro's over the Atomic Orange on the c6's. It has a little red flake to it which makes it pop more. It also will give you that color change you like, at night it's almost a red/orange but when the light hits it damn. There is a picture in my sig of my SS that shows the how the light changes the color.

***This one shows the orange in the light better (no flash), taken just after a fresh coat of Zaino wax.

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im a Zaino Freak too lol.

I actually used to have a 02 Z28 but it was NBM. Im not sure if I will actually use the C6 Orange, but thats close to what I want. Ive been looking at like the Mandarin Orange Candys out there. The SOM camaros are a really nice color too.

·
Registered
124 Posts
grand prix white from the s2ks, its a really bright white, im actually about to get my integra sprayed that color.

·
Work Hard, Play Harder!
211 Posts
I actually used to have a 02 Z28 but it was NBM.
I like the NBM's too, that would have been my second choice after the SOM.

That Mandarin Orange Candy looks nice.

What about the blue color off of the Infinity G35's? We had bought and sold one through our dealership, color looks real nice and has a good amount of dark flake in it, would look good with the black accents of the 6.

***It's called Caribbean Blue Metallic, couldn't find a great picture of it...this will have to due

·
I do it for the Chicks.
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ive pretty much decided im going All white. Ive been looking at pics, and I just love the All white R6's with the upper and lower fairings both painted.

Probably do All white with a Red pearl.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts