Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
Is your 2008 the "S" model? If so it should... If not, then I seriously doubt it. They were completely redesigned man..

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
i thought maybe someone could have made it fit...perhaps adapted
why would you want an 04 shock on an 08 when the 08 shock is better anyway?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well you can make anything fit anything with enough bondo, super glue and ductape. doesnt mean were gonna do it
what the **** does that mean you should go on the clown forum cos your funny..............?:rocket the reason i want to know is bacause its a penske race shock on my 2004 race bike and its a standard shock on my 2008.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
well you can make anything fit anything with enough bondo, super glue and ductape. doesnt mean were gonna do it
what the **** does that mean you should go on the clown forum cos your funny..............?:rocket the reason i want to know is bacause its a penske race shock on my 2004 race bike and its a standard shock on my 2008.
why dont you pull them both off and check then, rather than coming on here and being insulting.... No call for that. I could call you a lazy fcuk for not checking for yourself, but that wouldnt be too constructive. You could also have been a little proactive and checked the part numbers between the two years, but that may be expecting a little too much. Why do your own leg work when you can have someone else do it for you..... Being a dick about it wont get folks to want to help you and coming to THIS forum and expecting to not get some jokers is plain dumb.

·
iRun
33,317 Posts
...aaand I'm done helping this guy out.

/subscription.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys guys calm down. by quoting that i can do it using tape and super glue, i,m thinking your taking the piss. thats why i replied with that quote. i,m only looking for help. i didn,t think it was that offensive. i apologise.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
guys guys calm down. by quoting that i can do it using tape and super glue, i,m thinking your taking the piss. thats why i replied with that quote. i,m only looking for help. i didn,t think it was that offensive. i apologise.
The thing is man, there are a lot of people that come on here for the sole reason of getting help, and thats fine, but they dont use the search and ask something thats been asked a BILLION times. Then they cop some attitude after three posts and expect people to help. Respect gets you far and really, this thread is full of punks and jokers who will take a couple shots at you out of boredom, then help you out, myself included. We dont hate noobs, we just try to keep a standard around here. Please, come in, enjoy your stay, contribute, and when you get a feel for things, make sure to tell Steve to fcuk off and check out some of Maxxx's work.

A quick tip on finding out what crosslists.... Go to the oem parts supply sites and add the part to the cart. The cart will tell you the part number. If the part numbers are the same on the two bikes in question, you know for sure that they are interchangeable. I am pretty sure you're boned though because IIRC the 08 shock reservoir is horizontal and the 03-05/06+ r6s shock is vertical reservoir.

·
candy red
7,505 Posts
i apologize for your lack of grammer skills. i know im bad but sheesh you take the cake! go look up the part numbers. /thread

ps: people around here play alot. if you can dish it, you should be able to take it. we've all bein messed with one way or another. just chill out a little and someone will help you.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i stay in paisley near glasgow about 50 miles from edinburgh. a long way when you stay on a rock. member of the melville motor club. we race at east fortune and knockhill both near edinburgh. i try suggested sites, if all else fails i,ll sell the standard and buy a race shock. cheers guys p.s we dont use a Z in apologise over here l.o.l.

·
Official Noob Greeter
55,856 Posts
i stay in paisley near glasgow about 50 miles from edinburgh. a long way when you stay on a rock. member of the melville motor club. we race at east fortune and knockhill both near edinburgh. i try suggested sites, if all else fails i,ll sell the standard and buy a race shock. cheers guys p.s we dont use a Z in apologise over here l.o.l.
:bowroll

If youre racing an 08, I would get a penske triple clicker... or an Ohlins YA shock, not the TTX. You can find them used all day for $600US or less. Seriously, check that forum I showed you, they have a lot of stuff. It goes quick so you have to be on it, but Ive scored there before.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts