Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone know if a Super AFC for a car can be modified to work on a bike? I've had a SAFC 2 laying around for a while and looking for something to do with a waste of $300+.

So instead of putting out $300+ on a power commander i was wondering if there was anyway to use this?

·
Registered
318 Posts
oh i dont know but you could spend $6,500 on my 95 civic with b16 swap and hook it up to it... and then add a turbo and youll be all set!! just an idea though... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
318 Posts
i would have to say tru that yo!! my step-dad has a silver g35 sportcoupe and its off the hook!!! if i had the money i would buy one def.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yup mine is brilliant silver too. Nissans are friggen hard to tune compared to Honda's. I'm trying to figure out what to do with the SAFC because the nissan ecu doesn't like it.

Just sell your civic and get a Z. I wanted a Z but I need the back seat.

·
IQ = Post Count
1,731 Posts
OvaYAhead said:
doesn't the afc pretty much just change the signal to the ECU. So is it as simple as just figuring out which wire is which and splicing it in?
I would doubt it's that easy. You would also (if you hooked it up) have to figure a baseline map for the R6 and THEN actually build a custom map to get any real use out of it. Sounds like a headache, but if you like a challenge...

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
pntbutta. sweet! can you get more info out of him? Map settings and wire configuration.

Thats cool to know it removed the limiter too. I haven't even played with this r6 enough to know where it tops out at. :) I just know it dips like a bicycle, 1st pops up anytime after 6k and you gotta bounce the F out of it in 2nd.

:mrgreen: I'm actually a gixxer fan. On the 01 750 all I had to do was put a resister in line of some wire that goes to the ecu, making the bike think it was in 5th gear where there is not a limiter (aka TRE mod).

Is there anything like this for the 03 r6?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.