Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got a good deal on some dunlop gpa but foun out they are 190/60/17 as opposed to what i have on there 190/55/17. will the 60 work? how different will it handle on the track and will it have clearance issues? i would rather stick to the 55 myself but i can have the tire for such a good deal:confused:

·
Pause..Clarify..Dominate
1,120 Posts
I don't know about the clearance issues, you're probably looking close to 8-10mm taller. So essentially it would be similar to doing a tail lift, I'm assuming here.

This is what manufacturers say are the advantages to lifting the tail. I read a few forums and the general consensus seemed to be that 6-8mm was the best.
+ better handling
+ better feedback from rear suspension
+ more grip on the rear wheel
+ more weight on the front wheel
+ less kickback
+ much better look with raised tail
+ tested and recommended by international motorcycle journalists
+ race proven

if the tires are free ,or close to it, try them out. Then give us a write up for future reference.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't know about the clearance issues, you're probably looking close to 8-10mm taller. So essentially it would be similar to doing a tail lift, I'm assuming here.

This is what manufacturers say are the advantages to lifting the tail. I read a few forums and the general consensus seemed to be that 6-8mm was the best.
+ better handling
+ better feedback from rear suspension
+ more grip on the rear wheel
+ more weight on the front wheel
+ less kickback
+ much better look with raised tail
+ tested and recommended by international motorcycle journalists
+ race proven

if the tires are free ,or close to it, try them out. Then give us a write up for future reference.
Where did you find this info?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts