Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search on this but came up with nothing so here goes...

I just switched from an 05 trackbike to an 06 and was wondering if my extra set of 05 wheels would fit on my 06? Also, what are the differences i.e. spacers, brake rotors, bearings, rear sprocket, etc...?

Thanks!

·
Registered
287 Posts
subbed. im pretty sure the rear fits, but I know the front brake rotors are different size. I imagine if you swap rotors the front will fit too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
subbed. im pretty sure the rear fits, but I know the front brake rotors are different size. I imagine if you swap rotors the front will fit too.
I was assuming this was the case. On that note, do you happen to know if the 06-13 rotors are all the same size? I'm looking at a set of OEM 08 R6 front rotors on ebay right now.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I BELIEVE as long as theyre 310mm rotors they'll fit. 08+ rotors are 5mm thick versus 4.5mm for the 06-07.

·
Formerly UnknownResource
490 Posts
03+ front and rear wheels are the same. 03-04 and R6S use the same rotors. 06+ rotors are interchangeable, although the 08+ rotors are slightly thicker. Want to say 05 rotors can be used with 06+ bikes, but I'm not 100% on that.

sent while on the move

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
03+ front and rear wheels are the same. 03-04 and R6S use the same rotors. 06+ rotors are interchangeable, although the 08+ rotors are slightly thicker. Want to say 05 rotors can be used with 06+ bikes, but I'm not 100% on that.

sent while on the move
If I am reading your post correctly, I'm understanding that the 06-13 rotors ARE interchangeable but 08+ are thicker than 06-07?

Does this mean that I can use the 08+ rotors on my 06? Also, if I use the thicker 08 rotors they will they provide a different feel since the piston/pads are traveling less distance to squeeze the rotors?

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
If I am reading your post correctly, I'm understanding that the 06-13 rotors ARE interchangeable but 08+ are thicker than 06-07?

Does this mean that I can use the 08+ rotors on my 06? Also, if I use the thicker 08 rotors they will they provide a different feel since the piston/pads are traveling less distance to squeeze the rotors?
you can but the rotors will drag. I removed the centering pins on my 07 so I can run later model rotors. Now I can spin my front wheel forever.

·
Stunt Rider
7,982 Posts
It'll fit. Might have to swap front rotors due to sizing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.