Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Great!
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
Im looking to buy a windscreen for my 08 r6. Im still debating if i should get dark smoke, smoke, or a chrome windscreen. Really looking into the chrome one. Does anyone have a liquid silver r6 w/ a chrome windscreen? I havent seen any pictures with the chrome one on the bike. Im kind of nervous about how a chrome one will look. I want a chrome one because im going to get a new helmet w/ a chrome visor. My second choice is a smoked one. I dont think Puig has a chrome windscreen, Lockhart Phillips does though so I would probably get it from them. Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Here is my liquid silver with the Puig dark smoke...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Man....I love the liquid silver!! Bad a** looking w/ the smoke windscreen. I just bought a red Puig windscreen. Don't know what it will look like, hopefully they take returns if it looks like shat.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I don't think you should buy chrome b/c it's too much. By too much I mean too in your face and tacky. Dark smoke or regular smoke would be awesome. If you want to go the chrome'ish route I would recommend the Harris windscreen. The colour is called mercury. I have pics of it on my liquid silver 03. Look up the thread "Yay or Nay". The PROBLEM with this windscreen is that it doesn't fit exactly like it should. It lines up fine, BUT there are small gaps between the fairing and the screen where the bolts screw in. You will also see pics of this on that same thread. But I love the colour of the screen itself, no regrets there. It's almost like an iridium silver colour. I'm not sure if they even make it for the new R6. Check out Baysideperformance, that's where I bought it from. Let me know if you wanna see more pics. It can be deceiving with the sun shining on it.

·
My R6 eats my $$
414 Posts
i just ordered a black puig windscreen for mine, hopefully will be here soon, i think black is best or dark smoke

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't get chrome. It's not a Hayabusa.

I'd go with smoke over dark smoke, so like ^^that guy up there, you can still see through it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts