Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

I've got a friend who is looking to buy a b-day gift for an R6 owner buddy of his. He was asking me about windscreens. I know nothing about them. He's looking for something similar to the stock position, but tinted. its a 2002 Red R6.

any suggestions?

thanks.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Contact Morse Custom Fiberglass. Talk to Scott or Mike, and tell them Matthew Pacheco referred you.

They make windscreens and judging by the rest of their products, they should be pretty good. Should also be less $$$ than some of the other aftermarket screens.

Just ask them what they have available for that bike.

·
blue is always faster...
63 Posts
Zero Gravity makes some that are called the SR..."stock replacement" in a variation of different colors. i got a dark smoked on order now and cant wait till it gets here. they usually go for 69.99 or so and ive heard that their fit and placement is pretty good. a good place to get them is Dennis Kirk or kneedraggers.

·
Registered
836 Posts
FYI, the Morse stuff should be nearly half the price of a ZG.

I currently have a ZG double bubble (which technically isn't Supersport legal :roll: ). The quality is just so-so IMO, doesn't fit anywhere near as well as a stock screen.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
vtlion said:
Hey all.

I've got a friend who is looking to buy a b-day gift for an R6 owner buddy of his. He was asking me about windscreens. I know nothing about them. He's looking for something similar to the stock position, but tinted. its a 2002 Red R6.

any suggestions?

thanks.
Loking for a stock-shaped, tinted windscreen. Thst is what I was looking for too, and let me tell you the Powerbronze one is PERFECT!!!

It is of good quality, the color is cool because it is very dark, looks black but you can see through it. The shape is very similar to stock, and the damn thing fit right on. (Most aftermarket windscreens dont fit or leave a gap around the edge.)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
vtlion said:
Hey all.

any suggestions?

thanks.
Loking for a stock-shaped, tinted windscreen. Thst is what I was looking for too, and let me tell you the Powerbronze one is PERFECT!!!

It is of good quality, the color is cool because it is very dark, looks black but you can see through it. The shape is very similar to stock, and the damn thing fit right on. (Most aftermarket windscreens dont fit or leave a gap around the edge.)

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
vtlion said:
Hey all.

any suggestions?

thanks.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
vtlion said:
Hey all.

any suggestions?

thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just to let you guys know I installed it this weekend and it looks killer !!
fits like a glove and only took about 20 min to do. The only thing I don't like is the top rim is too thin they should of made it fat like the stock one.

·
Registered
283 Posts
If you want to keep it stock you can't beat a $2 can of matte black paint sprayed on the inside of the screen. Looks great on the Silver or Black flames bikes.

If you want a better shot ill take one.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Cral that was a pretty cool trick! MY Buddy went with the zero gravity double bubble and it looks pretty cool, its the dark tint and on a blue r6 it looks pretty sweet!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.