Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which aftermarket windscreen best matches OEM? I would like to get a dark smoke one...but have heard that the zero gravity isn't a close fit as OEM, in fact it leaves a gap...so I was curious as to which manufacturer has the closest windscreen to oem....puig, memphis shades, harris...etc...

·
Something Clever
1,272 Posts
I didn't get a gap with my zero gravity. I got the dark smoke and it fits tight. Had to play around with it for a few, but it looks fine.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
that was only the earlier ones that had a fitment problem after that they went back and remolded them

·
Registered
406 Posts
I had a Fabbri, Italian made, it fit tight as hell but looked nice. I'd love to get the MRA now, but at $120 a pop, it's a tough call.

The fabbri was nice, about $60 too, has a higher profile of the ones I've seen and is squared off. If ya wanna see it, the only importer I knwo of is indysuperbikes dot com.

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
r6dirtydave said:
I had a Fabbri, Italian made, it fit tight as hell but looked nice. I'd love to get the MRA now, but at $120 a pop, it's a tough call.

The fabbri was nice, about $60 too, has a higher profile of the ones I've seen and is squared off. If ya wanna see it, the only importer I knwo of is indysuperbikes dot com.
where do i get the mra double bubble?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
stoneloco808 said:
the best one is from yamaha-racing in europe. here is the link. its kinda hard to get. i still dont know how to get it.
man why did you show me that link...now I have to spend more money on my baby then I want to...why...why can't we have the Rossi version in the US...I think my next project to is get my Raven painted with something similar to the european version 'cept it's gonna be in red not yellow...when I think of Yellow I think of Honda or Suzuki...do not want to be associated with em...I love my Yammie....also where would you go to get the termigioni exhaust? Do they even have em for sale in the US? I just ordered a BF high mount from Hammy...but the termi looks cool too...

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
Sausage said:
man why did you show me that link...now I have to spend more money on my baby then I want to...why...why can't we have the Rossi version in the US...I think my next project to is get my Raven painted with something similar to the european version 'cept it's gonna be in red not yellow...when I think of Yellow I think of Honda or Suzuki...do not want to be associated with em...I love my Yammie....also where would you go to get the termigioni exhaust? Do they even have em for sale in the US? I just ordered a BF high mount from Hammy...but the termi looks cool too...
i figure the more exposure here in the US, someone is definately going to find a way to get them and post where they got it from.

·
Registered
406 Posts
stoneloco808 said:
There's only one importer of them in the USA..., a shop in Rhode Island. They have an internet site, with all the info.

www.mra.de is the home site for the company..., there is a link there for english, and then a list of dealers outside Germany. This should help ya out. Even in GB, they're running 60#s..., which is about $120 usd, I believe. Bad a$$ screen, though....

·
flyin' hawaiian
2,815 Posts
r6dirtydave said:
stoneloco808 said:
There's only one importer of them in the USA..., a shop in Rhode Island. They have an internet site, with all the info.

www.mra.de is the home site for the company..., there is a link there for english, and then a list of dealers outside Germany. This should help ya out. Even in GB, they're running 60#s..., which is about $120 usd, I believe. Bad a$$ screen, though....
thanks for the tip.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here's my .02 worth...

I tried the Zero Gravity...gaps!
I tried the SportTech...gaps!
Just got one from MRA (German Company)...fits like a glove!!!!

http://www.mra.de/English/English.htm

I'm fortunate I'm over here in Germany. I sent them an email yesterday afternoon and it showed up at my door this morning...talkin bout express delivery...even let me pay C.O.D.

I'll post a pic soon...

·
Registered
53 Posts
just put in a smoke puig and it installed in like 2 minutes. fits perfect.

·
Registered
157 Posts
im very happy with puig.. i have double bubble tho

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
talks for all the post...I've decided to just go with stock...i took it down to the local tint shop and tinted my stock windscreen

1 - 17 of 17 Posts