Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Snows been on the ground here for a while now and I finally completed my first set of winter mods.

Got some MJS headers, Leo Vince EVOII slip-on, PCV, and graves block offs.

Such an easy install, took me under an hour, first time doing it and with limited tools glad I didnt pay a shop to do it!

Wired up the PCV, again really easy install totally plug and play, the only tricky part was cleanly routing the wires.

The block offs were by far the most involved of these three mods, it requires totally disassembling the top and bottom halves of the airbox.

Finally the finished product all back together..

Considering there is a good 6 inches of snow on our roads can't really see how she pulls until next spring but it sounds incredible! the graves block offs are well worth it if not just for cleaning up the exhaust note, it idles much cleaner and no decel popping.

My only minor beef is the MJS midpipe is a tad too long, if you look at the last picture the connection between the slip on and the midpipe is well above the lower fairings unlike the full leo system where it's hidden under the plastics, but you can't really argue with the price so I'm happy.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks nice! :secret Wouldn't mind getting a sound clip...
Ill try and get a good clip but the mic on the iPhone4 doesn't really do it justice..

I was really supsied how clean the exhuast note is with the block offs installed its almost like the stocker but with a deeper throatier pitch, doesn't growl or pop anymore, sounds great can't wait to see how it pulls..

next up: some SS lines and a gear indicator..

depending on how the wallet feels maybe some cosmetic mods.. levers, sets and and some better crash protectors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts