Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Wondering if there is anything special I should do to winterize my bike, now that i'm using it for track riding.

Cooling System
I'm going to drain the Water+Water Wetter that I have in there now.
--Do I need to fill the bike with coolant, or can I just let it sit empty?

Battery
Taking the battery out and putting it on a tender.

Tires
I've got BT-003RS's on there with one track day on them. I plan to put the bike up on front/rear stands and leave it that way all winter.
--Any specific pressures I should have in the tires?

Fuel
Tank is full of 91 and Stabil. Ran the bike for about 10 minutes to get the stabil in the entire fuel system.

Thanks!
Panici :toocool:

·
Parts Pimp
26,472 Posts

·
Knee drags YOU!
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right, but my question was more specific in a few areas. Namely tire pressure and running straight water.

·
Motorcycles rock!!
133 Posts
If your storage area will never get below freezing for extended periods of time, their should be no need to drain the water+water wetter. However, for insurance, you may want to drain and refill it with the standard 50/50 antifreeze mixture. This just makes more work in the spring because I would drain/refill with distilled water a couple of times just to flush as much antifreeze out as possible.

I would just inflate the tires as you do normally and even add a psi or two and not worry about it.

My winter maintenance has varied for all of the different motorcycles that I have owned, and I have never had a failure due to something specific that I did or did not do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts